OK, this is how it's going to be reworked. After discussing the ZZ awards with people, they told me it'd be easier if the category selections could just be posted on this thread. So let's try this one more time.
I've gathered all the eligible entries from the category selections thread, and I've numbered all of them. What you do now is pick 15 (no more, no less) of them, then post the selection on this thread The 15 you pick should not be in any order of preference. Once the voting is done, I will tabulate the 15 most voted for categories, and we can start the nomination process.
Things to remember:
These awards are zany! Please pick your categories accordingly.
Pick categories that you think will inspire lots of funny nominations, rather than categories that will just have people posting a single name and be done.
You can vote for your own category suggestions.
Some of the categories are similar, but none of them are the same. Please don't post two choices to be counted as one choice.
The categories to choose from, numbered in the order of the poster's first category post:
1) Worst possible music for Michelle Kwan to use for an exhibition this season, feel free to describe the program, too!
2) Craziest possible music for Michelle Kwan to use for an exhibition this season, feel free to describe the program, too! (RED DOG 45's suggestion)
3) Cheesiest theme for an actual program
4) Most insane Kiss and Cry behavior besides Tara's screeching
5) Most understated ice dancing costume
6) Best nickname for a skater/skating-related celebrity, come up with your own!
7) The Tonya Harding Award...goes to the one (can be anybody) who likes the negative attention!
8<strong></strong>) The Biggest Upset (Sarah Hughes) award...What do you think was the biggest upset in skating so far this season.
9) Worst Costume
10) Best Costume
11) Wackiest Costume
12) Worst Fall
13) Best way to dump a coach
14) Wackiest commentator saying
15) I wuz robbed: the biggest travisty in skating
16) "This can't be my coach" Most embarrassing action by a coach
17) Most obnoxious commentator.
18<strong></strong>) Skater who should remain clothed (or at least should cover up a bit more)!
19) Best/Worst Hair
20) Most inane questions asked by a commentator.
21) Foot in the Mouth Comment (by skater, commentator, coach, etc.)
22) Or this can't be my student. Most embarrassing action by a student.
23) Best wedgie!!
24) Biggest cliche in a "fluff piece" by ABC.
25) The coveted "I Love the Sound of My Own Voice" award for television commentators.
26) Most embarrassing candid shot (skater or coach)
27) Most Moronic Interview (interviewer/interviewee)
28<strong></strong>) Most Controversial Win/Loss
29) Most Sexual/Sensual Performance
30) Biggest Splatfest
31) Biggest Come From Behind Win
32) Best Way To Say "Hi" In the Kiss and Cry
33) Most Embarrassing Falls In a Footwork
34) Most provocative skating moves on ice. (Like, say, a pic of girl pair skater with her skates between the guy's legs)
35) Craziest things done to prove you're not gay
36) Best Way To End a Program Rather Than the Scratch Spin
37) Stupidest/ugliest new hair style
38<strong></strong>) Most controversial decision made this year by an official
39) Worst coaching change
40) Worst comment made about a student or coach
41) People Most Likely to file a lawsuit against Cinquanta
42) Best Impersonation of Michael Jackson on Ice
43) Most Overused Piece of Music in Skating
Princess Leppard 625
44) The Skater most likely to be smothered by TT's giant fur coat.
45) Skater most likely to upstaged by a pigeon.
46) Worst hair style by a lady
47) Best relationship with a pigeon by a skater or coach
48<strong></strong>) Most overscored skater
49) Most underscored skater
50) Best advertisement featuring a skater
51) Most unexpected win by a skater
52) Most complete meltdown by a skater this year
53) Most unusual new move by a skater
54) Most courageous music choice by a skater
55) Best comeback by a skater