Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Now What?

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar

Now What?

Well the Worlds for this season have come and gone. There certainly were some surprises!! It's a drag to see the season come to an end. What will we talk about here? I wonder what next season will bring. Should prove interesting.

Funny you should mention it....

I'm having trouble "coming down" from the World's high. I'm sorry the season is almost over (well, we do have one Cheesefest, right??). It will definitely feel strange to NOT have a lot of FS to debate!!

DG

time for me to get a job and save up for 06 Nationals in St. Louis!

Yeah Toni!!

I can't WAIT for St. Louis!! I'm actually glad I pre-paid the hotel and tickets already. In January I quit my "corporate job" to join my husband's business. I justified (rightly or wrongly LOL!) the expense of all that pre-paying as my "last hoorah" with the last of my "steady paychecks" before the Big Budget Adjustments we've had to make around here.

We definitely have to hook up, along with others from GS. So plans and speculations for St. Louis will at least give us SOMETHING to talk about on occassion during the off season!

DG

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I'm going to St Louis, too!

I just hope my husband's hip holds out till then. If not, I'll have to be selling our tickets.

Sexy, smart and sterilized! childfreegirl's Avatar
    Looking ahead to St. Louis was just what I was going to suggest. I can't wait!

Custom Title

Aren't the rumors ...

that Irina Slutskaya is pregnant scheduled to start shortly?

Quote Originally Posted by attyfan
    in the memo I got it was her *husband* who was expecting

Oh goodness... it is the rumor season already... UGH

DG if I make it to ST Louis we will have to meet up..

Custom Title
    We will talk about our favorites of course costumes, programs, performances. Our least favorites costumes, makeup. we will remember every Worlds, Olympics, Nationals and Skate America.

Woman of the Waters
    Quote Originally Posted by attyfan
    Oh do tell

I would love to go to St. Louis, especially since it might be Michelle's last U.S. Nationals:(

Custom Title

Riding season

The end of Figure Skating marks the beginning of horse riding season. I garnered lots of inspiration for my new dressage freestyle from the figure skaters. Linny

Custom Title
    For me, the end of the FS season is the start of the thorobred horse racing season. There have been (and will continue to be) Triple Crown prep races every weekend from now through late April, then the Belmont meet, then Saratoga. I've already got my season tickets to Saratoga.

Great American Ballpark Watching the Reds
    Count me in as another one looking foward to St. Louis Nationals (the first one I will have attended that won't require a 2+ hour plane ride) as I am attending that as well as a volunteer for the third year in a row. Rock on for Nats!!!

For me, the offseason always becomes my time of watching all the skating that I've taped over the fall and winter that I've not had time to watch yet, believe it or not. Its like the season never ends for me, but then I never have anyone to discuss anything with because smart people all watched it sooner, LOL

I don't know Linny....

LOL, but I think I've proven time and again that I am capable of repetitive discussion!! I think there are at least 1 or 2 of us out here who will be happy to oblige once your tapes are rolling.

Actually, it might be fun to sort of treat it like a "book club" where we pick an event, all watch our tapes, and then set out to rehash things in an organized way!!!

DG

Rogue Leader
    What now, hmmm.......It's time to start speculating about what everyone will be skating to next year?

Being that the games are in Italy, I am dreading an over-use fo opera music, especially by the dancers (since they can use vocals). I enjoy opera, but I have a feeling I will be good and sick of it by the time the Olympic exhibitions wrap up....

Other than that, I will be enjoying the end of tax season at work.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast