Now What? | Golden Skate

Now What?

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Well the Worlds for this season have come and gone. There certainly were some surprises!! It's a drag to see the season come to an end. What will we talk about here? I wonder what next season will bring. Should prove interesting.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Funny you should mention it....

I'm having trouble "coming down" from the World's high. I'm sorry the season is almost over (well, we do have one Cheesefest, right??). It will definitely feel strange to NOT have a lot of FS to debate!!

DG

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
time for me to get a job and save up for 06 Nationals in St. Louis! :clap:

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Yeah Toni!!

I can't WAIT for St. Louis!! I'm actually glad I pre-paid the hotel and tickets already. In January I quit my "corporate job" to join my husband's business. I justified (rightly or wrongly LOL!) the expense of all that pre-paying as my "last hoorah" with the last of my "steady paychecks" before the Big Budget Adjustments we've had to make around here. :)

We definitely have to hook up, along with others from GS. So plans and speculations for St. Louis will at least give us SOMETHING to talk about on occassion during the off season!

DG

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I'm going to St Louis, too!

I just hope my husband's hip holds out till then. If not, I'll have to be selling our tickets.

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
Aren't the rumors ...

that Irina Slutskaya is pregnant scheduled to start shortly?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
attyfan said:

in the memo I got it was her *husband* who was expecting ;)

Oh goodness... it is the rumor season already... UGH

DG if I make it to ST Louis we will have to meet up..

Eeyora

Final Flight
We will talk about our favorites of course costumes, programs, performances. Our least favorites costumes, makeup. we will remember every Worlds, Olympics, Nationals and Skate America. :laugh:

Kuchana

On the Ice
attyfan said:

Oh do tell:)

I would love to go to St. Louis, especially since it might be Michelle's last U.S. Nationals:(

Linny

Final Flight
Riding season

The end of Figure Skating marks the beginning of horse riding season. I garnered lots of inspiration for my new dressage freestyle from the figure skaters. Linny

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
For me, the end of the FS season is the start of the thorobred horse racing season. There have been (and will continue to be) Triple Crown prep races every weekend from now through late April, then the Belmont meet, then Saratoga. I've already got my season tickets to Saratoga.

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Count me in as another one looking foward to St. Louis Nationals (the first one I will have attended that won't require a 2+ hour plane ride) as I am attending that as well as a volunteer for the third year in a row. Rock on for Nats!!! :rock:

For me, the offseason always becomes my time of watching all the skating that I've taped over the fall and winter that I've not had time to watch yet, believe it or not. Its like the season never ends for me, but then I never have anyone to discuss anything with because smart people all watched it sooner, LOL :laugh:

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
I don't know Linny....

LOL, but I think I've proven time and again that I am capable of repetitive discussion!! I think there are at least 1 or 2 of us out here who will be happy to oblige once your tapes are rolling. :clap:

Actually, it might be fun to sort of treat it like a "book club" where we pick an event, all watch our tapes, and then set out to rehash things in an organized way!!! ;)

DG

Antilles

Medalist
What now, hmmm.......It's time to start speculating about what everyone will be skating to next year? :)

Being that the games are in Italy, I am dreading an over-use fo opera music, especially by the dancers (since they can use vocals). I enjoy opera, but I have a feeling I will be good and sick of it by the time the Olympic exhibitions wrap up....

Other than that, I will be enjoying the end of tax season at work.

LegalGirl82

On the Ice
KwanFan1212 said:
For me, the offseason always becomes my time of watching all the skating that I've taped over the fall and winter that I've not had time to watch yet, believe it or not. Its like the season never ends for me, but then I never have anyone to discuss anything with because smart people all watched it sooner, LOL :laugh:

LOL KwanFan, I'll be doing the same thing. Due to equipment and time issues I was not able to watch much at all this year. The eqiupment issues are solved, I just bought a new TV and VCR/DVD combo. Still have to make the time, but with new equipment and (hopefully) new personnel at work, I should have more time over the spring and summer than I've had in a couple of years. I also want to read up on COP so that I know what to look for in the programs.

Doggygirl, I like your "book club" idea!

Hikaru

Final Flight
LegalGirl82 said:
LOL KwanFan, I'll be doing the same thing. Due to equipment and time issues I was not able to watch much at all this year. The eqiupment issues are solved, I just bought a new TV and VCR/DVD combo. Still have to make the time, but with new equipment and (hopefully) new personnel at work, I should have more time over the spring and summer than I've had in a couple of years. I also want to read up on COP so that I know what to look for in the programs.

Doggygirl, I like your "book club" idea!

Well, I'm still finishing recording the worlds, I still have to tape exhibitions. I have the other DVD's I recorderd during the GP, and I need to make them their labels and the cover for the boxes. So during the off-season I'll be watching different performances here and there. I also like the "book club" thing. I also think I will be reading other CoP documents, and learn to identify other elements. Yeap, many things to keep me busy!

mpal2

Final Flight
I'm working on converting skating tapes to DVD so I'll see plenty of good skating. :clap:

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Ohh, that Book Club idea could be a fun off season thing for us to do here! Let me know if you guys really are interested in that and I can head it up since I will be the one frantically trying to catch up on everything!! LOL :rock:

Now, of course, we would need a rockin good name for this club.....any ideas?! :biggrin:

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
KwanFan1212 said:
Ohh, that Book Club idea could be a fun off season thing for us to do here! Let me know if you guys really are interested in that and I can head it up since I will be the one frantically trying to catch up on everything!! LOL :rock:

Now, of course, we would need a rockin good name for this club.....any ideas?! :biggrin:

KwanFan, I think you got yourself a job. I haven't had enough coffee yet to come up with a great club name, but the first word that popped in my mind was "zamboni." That's what I would be if I personally ever tried to step on the ice.

I think dredging up some score sheets along with the videos would also be a good way to get more familiar with COP details too.

Let's do it!!