Does Carolina Have Staying Power | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Does Carolina Have Staying Power

toutestgrace

Rinkside
I wonder how much more her body will grow. I could see her speed on TV, but her jumps, while remarkable in their tight revolutions, seemed to just skim the ice surface. If she bulks up at all, will those 3/3s still be there?

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
I think winning a bronze was the BEST thing that could have happened to her. Surely always being known as a choke artist came with its own set of pressures, and the desire to show that she has what it takes to make the World podium must have been strong. Now she can relax and develop. She doesn't have anything left to prove.

My take on her is she has so much untapped potential, and she needs just the right person to work with her to unlock the artist within. I sense it's in there somewhere; it might take someone very special to let it out. I think she has the potential to turn it around and be a great artist, but only with a major shift in paradigms. :)

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
nicole_l said:
Or does she? I mean, she has the pressure now of being a World medalist.

Maybe. But I don't think there is anywhere near as much pressure in being a bronze medalist in comparison to being the World Champion. Look at what happened to Shizuka!

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
I would say that the pressure of being reigning World Champion and then trying to defend that would be about even with being a reigning World Medallist going into the Olympics in your home country. JMO.

Ogre Mage

On the Ice
RealtorGal said:
Maybe. But I don't think there is anywhere near as much pressure in being a bronze medalist in comparison to being the World Champion. Look at what happened to Shizuka!
Look at what happened to Lindemann (bronze) and Joubert (silver).

We all know that skaters have good and bad days. The top tier skaters have more good days than bad. I think Carolina has finally arrived into that top tier classification. Let's see what happens in the GP series next season.

Joe