Brian Joubert............ | Golden Skate

Brian Joubert............

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
I'm starting a thread to say how awful I feel about poor Brian

I figured out why he did an awful free skate.........His personal problems got the best of him thanks to the French Federation :mad:

I just hate how the French Federation now doesn't even care about him anymore because of his poor finish and his mom/coach relationship.

I don't think he has ever felt so alone :cry:

I feel so sorry for him.

DAMN the French Federation :mad:

Panther2000

On the Ice
Yeah, what is going on there? I keep hearing this & that about his federation & such( Don't know what is going on there?)

Now, what is going on with his mother & his coach??????

Hikaru

Final Flight
I'm not sure exactly what it is but apparently Brian's mom worked for Didier G., and he says Didier has been very supportive of him (Brian), and you all know what is the image of Didier, so maybe Veronique doesn't get along with him, and for extension with Brian's mom??? I'm sure this is not what it is, but that's the only thing I can think of. I was so, so sad for Brian... the look of his face after his free skate. I wanted to give him a strong hug!!! :cry:

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Just to clear things up.......Brian's Mom does not get along with Veronique Guyon at all and it has been a constant bother to him

It's been going on for a while :cry:

MarieM

On the Ice
1. Last year the FFSG fired Vero Guyon without taking advice with Brian. 1st problem.
2. Brian's mom is way too involved in his career and wanted to work with Didier G since when he was president he was very supportive of Brian.

3. they didn't want him to do the shows at Xmas he was scheduled to do along Alexei. They fired Laurent depouilly without even a note to Brian.

4. Brian who still likes Vero asked her to come back BUT she can't stand either didier or his mom.
She wants to have a say at his programs, he wants Alexei and Tarassova to do that all alone.

5. Where will this end ?
At least the FFSG is letting him skate in SOI so he'll mature a bit more there. I hope.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
This is really sad...

All the stressed relations have been at least hinted at throughout the season. It is so unfortunate that Brian has to deal with all that tension and distraction. I hope they can get all their relationships straightened out in the coming months so he can just focus on skating and look towards next season.

DG

Except for Euros, Brian had a bad season leading up to Moscow. He did though, have an excellent SP. I don't know what's with the Federation. There is no other French male skater to step up to the plate. Brian is still competitive for Torino. He just has to reassess what he was not doing during the past season.

Joe

MarieM

On the Ice
Joesitz said:
Except for Euros, Brian had a bad season leading up to Moscow. He did though, have an excellent SP. I don't know what's with the Federation. There is no other French male skater to step up to the plate. Brian is still competitive for Torino. He just has to reassess what he was not doing during the past season.

Joe

The FFSG has a record of those things : Surya Bonaly, Candeloro, Moniotte Lavanchy are blatant examples. Add a Stanick Jeannette and many others who served their purpose once and then were left over because the next kid on the block was there.

I think brian has a lot to do :
- decide what is best for him as for coaching, going to USA or staying home with mommy;
- finally put some work in dance class : it's not to make him skate girlish but to help him gain in other aspects like "souplesse" (sorry can't find the word in english) and spins;
- find a theme that appeals to him and that he CAN interprete not a program he just doesn't like and doesn't say so.
- grow up.

MarieM

On the Ice
My back hurts seeing this but that's what "souplesse" means. ARG can't find the english word booooooooooooooooooo :cry:

I was told once there is a difference (in English) between flexibility and suppleness. Being flexible involves the joints and suppleness involves the whole body. for me, Sasha has a flexible body; Michelle has a supple body.

Joe