Risport Figure Skates | Golden Skate

Risport Figure Skates

soogar

Record Breaker
My skates are starting to break down so like Cinderella (the fairy tale princess, not the poster), I've been going around trying on various brands of skates. Needless to say, I really loved the Risports I tried on. Now here's the problem, there's only one pair in stock that happened to fit me, yet there is trouble with trade with Italy b/c the dollar is so weak. I still have some wear in my SP Teris and I think they look better than the Risports (love the SP Teri toe box), but the Risports are so much lighter.

I really want a beige pair of Risports and a higher end of skate than the boot I tried on. I notice that there were European sites that were selling Risports (in beige) and I was curious if anyone here has ever had any dealing with a foreign site in terms of shipping, currency exchange etc (doesn't have to involve skates).

However when I look at the rate, the skates are very expensive. Then I start considering that for $100 more, I could get custom Harlicks or Klingbeils. So if someone here has Harlicks, what is your experience with them and how heavy are they in comparison to SP Teri? Another question, the Harlick stock boots (The Competitor and High Test), do those boots have ankle padding? The display Harlick I saw was a hard shell and nothing else. However my friend has custom Harlicks and they are very well padded.

danamartens

Spectator
Hi there,

I have had both harlick and sp teri skates. apparently the gentleman in the skate store I was in the other day (I am also looking for new skates) said that the two are very similar because whom ever started Sp teri sold it and started up Harlick (or vice versa). My experience with harlick was about 10 years ago and was a bad one. at the time I was working on doubles and broke down the finalist boot in 5 months! I eventually recieved another pair in which the eyelets were riping out of the leather. So that was the last I had of the harlicks. I tried a pair on on sunday and compared them to the sp teri, just for kicks. The two were very similar and the padding was still hard and made my ankles so sore I could barely stand in them.

dwiggin3

Final Flight
Danamartens....(and any others)

I have a question...I'm in the market for my first pair of stock boots since I can't afford the customs anymore. At this point, I've not tried any on but am wondering what kind service/replacement etc. do any of the manufactures have if you find that their boot either breaks down unusually fast or the leather rips etc.?...how does this work? Will they replace for free, for a fee, your out of luck???? This is new to me since I always had customs that fit…..

Thanks
Darby