Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Easter Weekend - Plans?

Easter Weekend - Plans?

so what are your plans?

My parents planned on sending me back tomorrow, but I polled my church and they all got upset so now I'm here for the weekend

Friday night we are having the Lord's Supper at church, then on Saturday I have no idea what the fam is doing... on Sunday we're having an outdoor Sunrise Service on the beach (yes Alaska has beaches ) then breakfast provided by the men of our church, then regular Sunday School/Church... then my family is driving to Anchorage to have dinner with my g'parents and then they'll head back to Kenai while I stay up there for school

*sigh* I can't believe Spring Break is almost over!

Go Figure!
    Coaching the Psychonettes....oops the one on the end fell again!
    My wife and I are going to COI in Boston.

Custom Title
    I'm heading down to South Jersey to my folks first thing in the morning so I can get the Easter Cake started and after my dough raises (keeps fingers crossed) I'll be rolling them out and baking, so that takes care of tomorrow.

We're doing Easter dinner on Saturday this year, church Sunday in the A.M., and then I'll drive home.

Custom Title
    We don't celebrate Easter, so it would've been just the usual weekend..until I got a B-day present from my husband to see COI in Hartford, CT ))))))))))

Yana

I would like to thank all of you who celebrate this holiday for HAVING this holiday because I have been working so hard and am so totally exhausted that I just want to SLEEP and I will be able to do so because no one will want to see houses on Easter and even if they did, it wouldn't matter because no one will LET me show their house on Easter! How's THAT for a run-on sentence? Goes to show you how tired I am.

Actually, there is a big carnival on Sunday in celebration of the Jewish holiday Purim (which is actually on Friday) and I will try to get my husband to take my daughter. We had a big celebration tonight at my own synagogue and it was so much fun.

I really wish all of you a very Happy Easter (and Purim!) and hope you have a great holiday weekend!

Happy Easter to everyone who celebrates the holiday, and Happy Purim (today) to all of my Jewish online friends.

Quote Originally Posted by RealtorGal
    Actually, there is a big carnival on Sunday in celebration of the Jewish holiday Purim (which is actually on Friday) and I will try to get my husband to take my daughter. We had a big celebration tonight at my own synagogue and it was so much fun.
    Awwwwwwww Madelyn doesn't get to go?

Happy Purim and Easter to everyone that celebrates. My brother, sister in law, their three little boys, and Daschund Layla are coming here from NC. We are having an Easter brunch on Sunday instead of dinner so that they can get back home in time for the boys to get in bed for school Monday morning. Tomorrow there is a town Easter egg hunt. Have also hidden goodies around the house which Abbey thinks she is supposed to find, LOL. One of the boys called this morning that he had just lost a tooth. He wanted to make sure the tooth fairy came to West Virginia With the family, the tooth fairy, and the Easter bunny it is going to get crowded here!-

Rogue Leader
    My mother is coming to visit me. I can't wait to see her. We'll be having a fairly low-key weekend though. I'll be spending a lot of time trying to avoid all the Easter chocolate in the stores.

Not the droid you're looking for
    This is a special Easter for me, even though I probably won't make it to mass this year. (Do we have a "burning in eternal hellfire" smiley? Or frownie, as the case would more likely be?)
    A dear friend and former roommate is getting married tomorrow and I'm attending with another couple of former roommates, one of whom just finished chemotherapy. It's his first outing since the cancer treatment started. Many of our friends, who haven't seen him since the diagnosis, will be attending as well, so I expect a love-fest.
    I have a horrid case of laryngitis, though, so I'm taking a small notebook and I expect to do a lot of mime. Hugs for everyone!
    Happy Easter, Purim, Spring, etc.!
    xoxo,
    Rave

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle
    Awwwwwwww Madelyn doesn't get to go?
    She will stay home with me and get lots of hugs and kisses!

We should change the title to this thread to "Celebration of Spring" plans. That would encompass everyone. My plans have been skuttled......My mom is in the hospital, so I will be spending Sunday there.......one positive note is that one of my sisters will be flying in to spend time with Mom as well.......42

Show I'm so sorry about your mother. Prayers and hugs to you both for a speedy recovery. Hope you get to enjoy visiting with your sister in spite of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by show 42
    We should change the title to this thread to "Celebration of Spring" plans. That would encompass everyone.
    not really... it snowed here for three days... I don't expect "spring" for another month

Thanks Piel.......she has bleeding ulcers and had lost so much blood she had to have a transfusion. She seems to be mending, and the doctors say she can go home in a few days...........42

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast