Easter Weekend - Plans? | Golden Skate

Easter Weekend - Plans?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
so what are your plans?

My parents planned on sending me back tomorrow, but I polled my church and they all got upset so now I'm here for the weekend :laugh:

Friday night we are having the Lord's Supper at church, then on Saturday I have no idea what the fam is doing... on Sunday we're having an outdoor Sunrise Service on the beach (yes Alaska has beaches :p) then breakfast provided by the men of our church, then regular Sunday School/Church... then my family is driving to Anchorage to have dinner with my g'parents and then they'll head back to Kenai while I stay up there for school

*sigh* I can't believe Spring Break is almost over!

LegalGirl82

On the Ice
I'm heading down to South Jersey to my folks first thing in the morning so I can get the Easter Cake started and after my dough raises (keeps fingers crossed) I'll be rolling them out and baking, so that takes care of tomorrow.

We're doing Easter dinner on Saturday this year, church Sunday in the A.M., and then I'll drive home.

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
We don't celebrate Easter, so it would've been just the usual weekend..until I got a B-day present from my husband to see COI in Hartford, CT :)))))))))))

Yana

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
I would like to thank all of you who celebrate this holiday for HAVING this holiday because I have been working so hard and am so totally exhausted that I just want to SLEEP and I will be able to do so because no one will want to see houses on Easter and even if they did, it wouldn't matter because no one will LET me show their house on Easter! How's THAT for a run-on sentence? Goes to show you how tired I am. :biggrin:

Actually, there is a big carnival on Sunday in celebration of the Jewish holiday Purim (which is actually on Friday) and I will try to get my husband to take my daughter. We had a big celebration tonight at my own synagogue and it was so much fun. :)

I really wish all of you a very Happy Easter (and Purim!) and hope you have a great holiday weekend! :love:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Happy Easter to everyone who celebrates the holiday, and Happy Purim (today) to all of my Jewish online friends. :party:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
RealtorGal said:
Actually, there is a big carnival on Sunday in celebration of the Jewish holiday Purim (which is actually on Friday) and I will try to get my husband to take my daughter. We had a big celebration tonight at my own synagogue and it was so much fun. :)

Awwwwwwww Madelyn doesn't get to go?

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Happy Purim and Easter to everyone that celebrates. My brother, sister in law, their three little boys, and Daschund Layla are coming here from NC. We are having an Easter brunch on Sunday instead of dinner so that they can get back home in time for the boys to get in bed for school Monday morning. Tomorrow there is a town Easter egg hunt. Have also hidden goodies around the house which Abbey thinks she is supposed to find, LOL. One of the boys called this morning that he had just lost a tooth. He wanted to make sure the tooth fairy came to West Virginia :rofl: With the family, the tooth fairy, and the Easter bunny it is going to get crowded here!-

Antilles

Medalist
My mother is coming to visit me. I can't wait to see her. We'll be having a fairly low-key weekend though. I'll be spending a lot of time trying to avoid all the Easter chocolate in the stores.

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
This is a special Easter for me, even though I probably won't make it to mass this year. (Do we have a "burning in eternal hellfire" smiley? Or frownie, as the case would more likely be?)
A dear friend and former roommate is getting married tomorrow and I'm attending with another couple of former roommates, one of whom just finished chemotherapy. It's his first outing since the cancer treatment started. Many of our friends, who haven't seen him since the diagnosis, will be attending as well, so I expect a love-fest.
I have a horrid case of laryngitis, though, so I'm taking a small notebook and I expect to do a lot of mime. Hugs for everyone!
Happy Easter, Purim, Spring, etc.!
xoxo,
Rave

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Tonichelle said:
Awwwwwwww Madelyn doesn't get to go?

She will stay home with me and get lots of hugs and kisses! :love:

e55bba76.jpg

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
We should change the title to this thread to "Celebration of Spring" plans. That would encompass everyone. My plans have been skuttled......My mom is in the hospital, so I will be spending Sunday there.......one positive note is that one of my sisters will be flying in to spend time with Mom as well.......42

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Show I'm so sorry about your mother. Prayers and hugs to you both for a speedy recovery. Hope you get to enjoy visiting with your sister in spite of the situation.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
show 42 said:
We should change the title to this thread to "Celebration of Spring" plans. That would encompass everyone.

not really... it snowed here for three days... I don't expect "spring" for another month :laugh:

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Thanks Piel.......she has bleeding ulcers and had lost so much blood she had to have a transfusion. She seems to be mending, and the doctors say she can go home in a few days...........42

katherine2001

On the Ice
For those of you celebrating Easter this weekend, have a blessed Easter. I am Eastern Orthodox and we don't celebrate Easter until May 1st. As we don't have a resident priest, I have to travel to the church where our serving priest serves. I will be going down on Friday morning unless I am lucky and get Thursday night/Friday morning off (I work a graveyard shift). Right now, it is not looking good, but I hope God will work it out, so that I can get it off and go down on Thursday so that I can attend services Thursday night. I will get very little sleep, as we have a lot of services during Holy Week. For the Easter (Pascha) service itself, it starts at about 11 or 11:30 on Saturday night and runs til about 2:30 a.m. We then break the fast together (we fast from meat for 54 days and dairy for 47 days if we are physically able to keep the entire fast) and feast together. You often don't get home til after 4:30 or 5 a.m. and then we have to be in church again at 1 or 2 p.m. You are usually dead tired by the end of the weekend, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I probably won't be doing much this weekend--just taking it easy and maybe spending some time outside, since it is supposed to start warming up again this weekend. We've had snow just about everyday since the 11th or so. We actually had sunshine all day today. If a good friend of mine doesn't get to go home due to bad weather (which it doesn't look like is going to happen which makes me happy for her), then we may do something cheap together this weekend. Otherwise, I may curl up with a good book or watch my videos of Worlds.

katherine2001

On the Ice
Tonichelle said:
not really... it snowed here for three days... I don't expect "spring" for another month :laugh:

I'm in Montana, and we had the same kind of weather! You have the same kind of seasons we have here: Almost Winter, Winter, Almost Done with Winter, and Summer!

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
My whole Sunday school class has been invited to a couple's house for dinner (noon). They have a huge sumptuous house. I am the youngest member of my class. I am the president this year. Have to tell you what I did. Started in January and walked in with a crown and choir robe on. They thought it was pretty funny.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Jewish here - so no Easter for me, just Purim.

Tomorrow is my bridal shower, as my wedding is in a week. (I know I sometimes refer to Mr. Ptichka as my husband but he is actually still just my fiance - for 9 more days.)