Johnny Depp Gush Fest | Golden Skate

Johnny Depp Gush Fest

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I FINALLY got to see Finding Neverland, and all I can say is... Johnny Depp is possibly one of THE BEST actors EVER. He was amazing in this film.

Most actors you picture them as one type of character always, but with Johnny he can go from playing the weirdest character to one of the most charming heart-warming characters...

I just thought he was a GOOD actor before.... but now I know just how good he is...

mpal2

Final Flight
I still haven't seen Finding Neverland yet but I really want to. It's still playing at the cheap theater and I have a long weekend. Maybe I'll get to see it soon.

I finally did see a preview for Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. That looks bizarre but good. Maybe the closest comparison would be and Edward Scissorhands without the scissors and scars. Both films are Tim Burton films so maybe that's where I'm getting the comparison. ;)

Kasey

Medalist
Johnny has been a brilliant and under-recognized actor for a LONG time. Glad you enjoyed Neverland! It was a beautiful sweet movie...

Kasey

SingAlto

On the Ice
Kasey said:
Johnny has been a brilliant and under-recognized actor for a LONG time.

You've got that right. He's so incredibly multi-faceted, he can portray just about any character and make you believe he is that character. Being easy on the eyes doesn't hurt either. :biggrin:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I think Johnny Depp is an amazing actor. I am hoping he will continue to do interesting roles. He is one of those rare actors who can disappear into the character and make it his own. I loved him in Finding Neverland.

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Johnny Depp :agree: :agree: :love:

Loved him in the movies "Chocolat" & "Pirates of the Caribbean"

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
mpal2 said:
I still haven't seen Finding Neverland yet but I really want to. It's still playing at the cheap theater and I have a long weekend. Maybe I'll get to see it soon.

It's on DVD now, you can rent it ;)

Antilles

Medalist
Depp's been my favourite actor for a while now. He can do any role, and he always chooses films based on what he wants to do, not based on what may be good for his career. I'd add "What's Eating Gilbert Grape" and "Benny and Joon" to the list of great Johnny films already mentioned here. He also has a smaller role with his "Sleepy Hollow" co-start, Christina Ricci in "The Man Who Cried". He did a wonderful job in that film, too.

equestrianguy

On the Ice
Yes, Mr Depp is an amazing actor. I truely believed he should have won the best actor Oscar for Pirates of the Carribean. I have been a big fan of his ever since Edward Scissor Hands. His takes of kooky characters gives them all their own wonderful appeal. Although, Willy Wonka may give him another Oscar nod...it may be too silly of a role for the Acadamey to recognize. But don't worry avid fans...Mr Depp will get his due one day.. After all he is still young...

I've liked everything I've seen Johnny Depp in and am anxious to rent Finding Neverland! He's definitely a fine actor and a pleasure for the eyes to behold! :clap: :love:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Depp's movie - "Edward Scissorhands" was on last night; first time I actually saw the whole movie. Even under all that makeup Johnny Depp's fineness shone through and his ability to connect with the character and portray "pathos" was simply amazing. He should consider a Shakespearean role.

:love:

tdnuva

On the Ice
As I did not see all of his films, I can't say that's the best - but I thought he was great in Don Juan de Marco. Tough role, but he was very convincing.

MannyisHOT

Rinkside
I have been a Johnny Depp fan since I was 8 or 9 I think and I saw 'What's Eating Gilbert Grape' on TBS. It had been out for a while but I just loved it! And if I can do the math correctly I have been a Johnny Depp fan for 5 or 6 years.... I am 13 so someone can help me with the math if I am wrong!

Vash01

Medalist
I recently became a Johnny Depp fan, after watching Finding neverland- actually it's been about 4-5 months. He is an amazing actor. I can't wait to see his next movie.

My personal favorite Johnny Depp movie roles: "Ed Wood" and "Blow."

And groovy on the eyes. :love:

Rgirl

K-Mo

On the Ice
Are you guys ready for Johhny's take on Willy Wonka this summer? I'm actually very excited. A lot of people are saying it's sacrelige to remake this movie, but Tim Burton always finds a way to transform Johnny into these fascinating oddball characters. I can't wait! :clap:

MannyisHOT

Rinkside
K-Mo said:
Are you guys ready for Johhny's take on Willy Wonka this summer? I'm actually very excited. A lot of people are saying it's sacrelige to remake this movie, but Tim Burton always finds a way to transform Johnny into these fascinating oddball characters. I can't wait! :clap:

I AM SOOOOOOOO EXCITED! I CAN'T WAIT! MORE JOHNNY IS GOOD JOHNNY! AND PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN 2 IS COMING OUT SOMETIME! YIPPEE! :clap:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Pirates will be out sometime next summer if not the summer of 07 from what I've read

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Totally agree, dlk............"Chocolate" was a break-out role for him, I think, and "Pirates" was just pure pleasure.... ;) 42

MannyisHOT

Rinkside
show 42 said:
Totally agree, dlk............"Chocolate" was a break-out role for him, I think, and "Pirates" was just pure pleasure.... ;) 42

I just watched Chocolat on the weekend again! :love: