The Apprentice | Golden Skate

The Apprentice

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Anybody following this season? I was so happy that Erin got fired. You could tell that she was a favorite of Trumps so I love that he listened to Caroline and George. I am likeing Caroline more each season. IMO Erin was the most two faced b**** I have ever seen. Last night when she said "Being a beauty queen I know crowns but not crown molding" I thought I would throw up.

Aloft04

On the Ice
Oh, yeah...I'm hooked and in total agreement. :agree:

I had to take a phone call last night at the very end...when I got up to leave, Trump was all over the hot-headed tobacco chewer like a pitbull on a soupbone. Then I turn around and Erin is fired....I heard The Donald say "You're a wise guy," to her. What'd she do or say in the last 30 seconds that turned that turned the whole thing 180 degrees so quickly??!

Help, Piel, enquiring minds want to know!

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Trump said that he thought Erin should have been put in charge of publicity because she was so good at that type of thing. Then he looked like he really wanted to fire anyone but Erin (maybe it's the beauty queen thing, LOL?) and said again that George and Caroline thought Erin was at fault and that he listened to them. Erin then said "Do you have to?" Caroline looked like she wanted to strangle her. That's when Trump made the wise guy comment.

From the previews it looks like the tobacco chewer has a melt down next week. If his cursing ect. was an issue why wasn't it brought up in the board room before now? That kind of thing, draging up every bad thing about the person to save your own *** just pisses me off. Nice people just don't do that kind of thing.

Last edited:

Aloft04

On the Ice
Yikes! 'Not politically prudent to diminish Caroline and George!! It shouldn't take an advanced degree or a beauty queen tiara to know that.....

Thanks for the update! I'll make sure I see the tobacco-chewer's meltdown next week :laugh:

swannanoa54

On the Ice
I was kinda sad to see Erin go, but hey, after her winking at the camera or whomever she was winking at, and then that comment-she just made her own bed. Her taxicab drivel made me laugh. She's going to "empower" herself? :rofl:

You know I was really irritated at Craig's team. Even though I thought the box might be really stupid, it was still an idea. And then it ended up being totally amazing. At one point I thought I heard Carolyn and George talking about how good Craig, Bren and Tanna were in that project. I think Craig did the right thing by going out and talking to the guys to get them to get the "groove on" so to speak. I think Craig deserves a :rock: for making that project rock.

Who would have thought that a simple box could make such an impression?

The difference between the two teams was that it was a DITY showcase where you actually had the people you are teaching do the work and the other team failed. Plus tobacco chewer is a strange little person.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Do you guys remember the week the task was to come up with a campaign for the new Dove body wash? Both teams lost and got blasted for having such bad ideas. I thought the team that had the idea for the marathon runners would have worked with a little modification. I know that I have seen races where they have like a portable shower set up on the course that the runners run through to cool off. If one of the runners had pulled out the body wash slathered some on and then ran throught the shower coming out all refreshed to win the raceI think it would have been a great campaign. I don't understand why the ad agency or the apprentices didn't think to do that.

Aloft04

On the Ice
I was embarassed for both teams that week. Awful!! I'm not sure either idea could have been redeemed, but agree that if the marthoners' soap suds could have been rinsed off the ad would have made so much more sense. Not good advertising, mind you, but sensible.

The cucumber wash was an absolutely abominable idea poorly executed. That's the nicest thing one could say about it.

Have you seen the real ad for that new product? It's quite clever. It shows heavily made up women...a Vegas showgirl, a Park Avenue maven, a geisha and Miss Piggy in a before/after shot - where after using the wash they're all fresh and natural looking. Miss Piggy has lost the false eyelashes and has her hair blowing in the wind. Cute, with good music.

guinevere

Final Flight
I agree that the week of the body wash, Net Worth's idea wasn't that bad, but Kristen completely ruined it by 1) not understanding it 2) insisting on doing everything herself, even sending the 2 people who came up with the idea to work on music so they couldn't interfere with her interpretation of the idea, 3) completely misunderstanding the product. It's a BODY wash, not a FACE wash and finally 4) refusing to listen to anyone else. Her teammates tried to tell her that she was going in the wrong direction and she wouldn't hear any of it.

Magna had the far worse idea, but they all embraced it and worked well as a team. And, the ad agency told them to "think outside of the box" for this one - Magna was thinking as far outside the box as they could!!

Both ads were terrible, but the real ad for that product is incredibly stupid as well. Miss Piggy? She hasn't been a relevant pop culture character (for adults anyway) for 20 years! Come to think of it, that ad focuses on the women's faces as well, rather than their bodies. All I could think of when that commercial debuted was that they were really counting on an Apprentice ad to show, and they had about 2 days to come up with a new one.

Back to THIS episode: it was probably the most satisfying ep in the Apprentice ever! I used to like Erin a lot, but she blew it big time. She knew she was Trump's pet, and she let it get to her head. She would have gotten away with it if it weren't for George and Carolyn (those meddling kids!), as I think Trump really wanted to keep her - but her final snark, which basically questioned TRUMP's decision making, was idiotic.

I'm pretty sure Chris' anger management issues have been brought up before - not the alleged cursing, but definitely his inability to keep cool.