ISU Ban | Golden Skate

ISU Ban

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
I'm not sure if anyone has posted this yet but here it is:

Six former judges and officals of the International Skating Union have been banned by the organization for trying to set up a rival body to run the sport. Declared ineligble by the ISU were Americans, Ronald Pfenning and Jon Jackson, Sally Anne Stapleford of Britian, Britta Lindgren of Sweden, Judith Furst-Tombor of Hungary and Jan Garden of Canada. The ISU Council ratified the decision at its meeting in Moscow, which ended on Monday.

DLKK, is there a link to this announcement? I am curious as to just what it is these wicked folk have been banned from. They can't be banned from membership in the ISU because the ISU does not have individual members. So I assume that they were banned from holding office, serving on committees, serving as judges, and that sort of thing.

In a way this is old news. The WSF died three years ago (about a day after it was born), so there seems little point in these parliamentary shenanigans now.

Mathman

ChiSk8Fan

On the Ice
Post SLC casualties

This was not a surprise, given the publications over the past few months with speeches, committee reports, etc.

What is interesting is the growing number of ISU casualties due to the SLC scandal and the reaction to it versus who still has membership despite their involvment in SLC.

Marie LaG - suspended only.
Didier G. - suspended only.
Any Russian member of ISU - no discipline.

These 6 - 2 Americans, a Canadian, a Brit, a Swede and a Hungarian are gone forever. Sally Stapleford judged at many Olympic Games and was a Technical Committee President in the past, but she is gone, not suspended.

The ISU is demonstrating MONSTEROUS hypocrisy.

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Mathman-this was in our local sports page yesterday. It doesn't surprise me after reading Sonia Bianchetti book "Cracked Ice".

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
On the book thing...

dlkksk8fan said:
Mathman-this was in our local sports page yesterday. It doesn't surprise me after reading Sonia Bianchetti book "Cracked Ice".

I've been on a roll ordering books, so I looked for this one on Amazon, and a couple other sites. Didn't easily find it. BUT...since I just got 5 books for $31, I saw my way clear to order "Cracked Ice" from Sonia's site for the full $24. :)

Can't wait to read it. I bet it's interesting after her 40 years or something like that affiliated with the ISU.

Gotta have something to do on the upcoming camping trips while hubby is "mining for gold" or while we're showing dogs. :)

DG