Just For Fun...Men's Worlds LP Quiz | Golden Skate

Just For Fun...Men's Worlds LP Quiz

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
I guess I'm still going through withdrawl from Worlds LOL! So I did a little analysis of the Mens LP results. Some of the answers surprised me! So take your best guess. (if you've already looked these up on the score sheets, don't spoil, OK?)

The top 8 men in total score were:

Lambiel
Buttle
Sandhu
Lysacek
Van Der Perren
Weir
Li
Dambier

1) Who had the highest points for jump elements?

2) Who had the highest points for non-jump elements?

3) Who had the highest technical elements total score?

4) Whose PCS was lower than their TES?

5) Who had the most Level 3 elements?

6) Who had the most Level 2 elements?

7) Who had the most Level 1 elements?

Enjoy!! I'll post answers later on...

DG

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
No takers I guess.....

LOL, the poor men just can't get any attention around here. They're probably all hoping that ALL the ladies will retire soon so they can get some top rate coverage on all the discussion boards. ;)

Answers:

Of these 8 men (top LP scorers):

1) Who had the highest points for jump elements?
Van Der Perren at 56.86
Li at 51.57
Dambier at 50.53

2) Who had the highest points for non-jump elements?
Lambiel at 17.53
Buttle at 17.35
Lysacek at 16.24

3) Who had the highest technical elements total score?
Van Der Perren at 68.71
Lambiel at 67.32
Li at 64.27

Van Der Perren Only (I didn't see his skate but wonder if he "wuz robbed" as he skated in the second warm up group. Still, under the old 6.0 I don't think he would have gotten a winning tech score in this group)

5) Who had the most Level 3 elements?
None of these 8 had any level 3's called

6) Who had the most Level 2 elements?
Buttle with 5

7) Who had the most Level 1 elements?
Van Der Perren with 5

OK, back to whether or not MK will go to the Olympics or whether Sasha will change coaches again. :agree: :agree:

DG

Kateri

On the Ice
I liked this - but I'd already read the protocols, so didn't want to spoil it for those who wanted to guess.

I do remember being really surprised by KVDP's top tech score though - it's all those darn double axels!! He really knows how to work COP.

thanks for posting it!

k.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Kateri said:
I liked this - but I'd already read the protocols, so didn't want to spoil it for those who wanted to guess.

I do remember being really surprised by KVDP's top tech score though - it's all those darn double axels!! He really knows how to work COP.

thanks for posting it!

k.

I was amazed too. Any of the guys who don't think they'll ever have a reliable quad must be taking notice! I do love having these score sheets to review - definitely on of the positives for me with COP.

I was also surprised that none of the top 8 had any level 3 elements called.

Now I hope something is done about the PCS side of the house. I'm not arguing the outcome of any of the events. While I'm guessing KVDP wuz robbed a bit (but maybe not - I didn't see his LP) he was so far behind going into the LP I doubt he would have made the podium. I would just like to see the PCS scores seem more meaningful in each of the 5 components.

DG

brad640

On the Ice
Doggygirl, I loved your quiz. You pointed out many of the interesting and unusual results from CoP.
Doggygirl said:
Van Der Perren Only (I didn't see his skate but wonder if he "wuz robbed" as he skated in the second warm up group. Still, under the old 6.0 I don't think he would have gotten a winning tech score in this group)
I do not think VDP wuz robbed. He had the best jump content of anyone mostly because the 3-3-3 jumping pass makes it possible for him to do the most jumps. You are right that CoP probably helped him because the objective nature of the tech score allowed him to make up some of the low PCS. Outside of the great jumping, the program was very minimal. People say the same thing about Li, but he had much more choreography than VDP. However, VDP's program was very exciting and definitely a highlight of the LP. The interesting thing to me was how much the judges favored Evan in the PCS over VDP and Li, because Evan's LP was slow and not very exciting to watch.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Hi Brad!

I appreciate your take on what I of course did not see! VDP's jump line up was indeed very interesting. Of course having 5 level 1 elements also tells a story of impressive jump content and not much else, as you confirmed.

While it's more fun to watch really WOW type performances, I'm happy for Lysacek (Go Team USA and all!) for just laying down 3 decent programs with some consistency.

DG