Grey's Anatomy | Golden Skate

Grey's Anatomy

Longhornliz

Final Flight
Did anyone watch the premier on sunday? I really liked it. It will compliment my sunday lineup nicely. I was pleased to see it wasnt as graphic as shows like er, because I cant handle it.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
It was okay. I really dislike medical shows and I resent its temporarily taking over "Boston Legal" for 4 weeks. I thought it was predictable. Like as soon as that doctor promised Gloria her husband would be fine, it was TOTALLY OBVIOUS that he wouldn't be. Like as soon as she kissed off her one night stand, it was TOTALLY OBVIOUS that she would run into him in the hospital in some capacity. (Oh, yeah, we're supposed to believe that they didn't even know each other's names or that they were doctors. Come on--surely they spoke for, say, 5 minutes, before doing the deed, and in that time, their professions were bound to be mentioned albeit briefly!). Like as soon as Katie said she couldn't sleep because her "head was full," it was TOTALLY OBVIOUS that she had a head problem and would come close to dying because Meredith didn't LISTEN TO HER. :p

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I watched it and I liked it. I'll give it a couple of weeks to see if it grows on me........do miss my "Boston Legal" though and my weekly James Spader fix...... ;) 42

bronxgirl

Medalist
I gave up on doctor shows since St. Elsewhere. I began to realize that medicine in real life and medicine as entertainment no longer can mix for my tastes :no:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I can't believe I missed this (watched "Elizabeth and Bertie" :agree: on PBS). Bronxgirl I loved "St. Elsewhere". One of the most touching moments in TV history was when David Morse was listening to his dead wife's heart beat in the chest of the person who recieved it via heart transplant. I also loved the series finale. Was so sad that the actor who played Dr. Westfall committed suicide.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
OK, finally caught "Grey's Anatomy" tonight. It didn't hook me like E.R., St. Elswhere, or Chicago Hope (the best medical show of all times untill Mandy Patinkin left the show and they killed off "the biscuit" :cry: )..I do like Patrick Dempsey, he played JFK in a movie and was equally charming in "Iron Jawed Abgels". Sandra Oh is pretty much type cast for me from "Arliss".

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
It's now half way through the 2nd episode and I am totally bored with this show. I WANT MY "BOSTON LEGAL" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

icedancer2

Rinkside
I liked this second installment MUCH better than the first, so I'm expecting that it gets better and better.

It feels to me like ER, with a fresh, new edge!! :cool:

Longhornliz

Final Flight
I'm still enjoying it... I liked boston legal too. But it will be back dont fret. I agree that Chicago Hope is the best of the medical dramas.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Yep, I'm hooked. I'm a sucker for medical shows, but lost interest in Chicago Hope when Mandy Patinkin left, and when they killed off Peter MacNicol, well, that was too much to bear.........(never did like Adam Arkin)..........42

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I am loving "House" but wish that some of the other characters would step it up some. Hugh Laurie :love: can't carry the show alone but for now he is holding my interest.

Show I couldn't get into Adam Arkin either. He was too typecast in my mind from "Northern Exposure". One of my favorite CH episodes was when they were quarantined in the OR over Christmas.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Piel, "House" is now my fav drama by far. I love it best when he has to work in the clinic. I am bummed that the episode tonight is a rerun........what the heck, I think I'll watch it anyway............. :love: 42

guinevere

Final Flight
I missed the 1st episode of GA, caught the 2nd. It was ok, nothing special. To be honest, it seems like it's trying to be a hybrid of ER and Scrubs. ER's been DOA for the last few seasons, but I still remember how good it was, and Scrubs is still good; this just feels like a retread. Sandra Oh was the only interesting character, IMO. I'm not at all interested in Patrick Dempsey's character, and I hate that the main chick is having a career-jeopardizing affair w/him against her better judgment. Whatever.

I'll probably leave it on after Desperate Housewives, but I'd MUCH rather be watching Boston Legal.

ps I've heard good things about House, but my tv doesn't really get FOX anymore, sob.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Longhornliz said:
Did anyone watch the premier on sunday? I really liked it. It will compliment my sunday lineup nicely. I was pleased to see it wasnt as graphic as shows like er, because I cant handle it.

I have attempted a couple of times to watch this program, but found it rather "juvenille" in its premise. I much prefer the writing on ER.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Ladskater said:
I have attempted a couple of times to watch this program, but found it rather "juvenille" in its premise.

ITA. And way too predictable. And I am officially PO'd because the decision has now been made to keep this show in this time slot for the rest of the season, bumping "Boston Legal" until next year! :mad: :p

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
ITA. And way too predictable. And I am officially PO'd because the decision has now been made to keep this show in this time slot for the rest of the season, bumping "Boston Legal" until next year!

What!

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I love medical shows, and think "House" is the best of the ones currently on the air, although "Grey's Anatomy" is growing on me rapidly.

"ER" has degenerated quite a bit, as I can't stand that vapid nurse with the curly hair and the kid. Her mouth is always hanging open like she has a bad case of swollen adenoids. Abby was a much more interesting character, but we don't see much of her lately.

guinevere

Final Flight
RealtorGal said:
ITA. And way too predictable. And I am officially PO'd because the decision has now been made to keep this show in this time slot for the rest of the season, bumping "Boston Legal" until next year! :mad: :p
I am also officially PO'd. Couldn't they at least give Boston Legal the dignity of finishing out their season (even on a different night)?

guinevere

Final Flight
Oooookay, I am trying to give this show a chance (there is NOTHING else worth watching on Sundays at 10). I'm still not sold, though. The actress who plays Meredith has a habit of going into this poor man's Renee Zellweger bit periodically (and don't get me started on the completely unprofessional relationship with Dr Love), but I am interested in the Sandra Oh character, the nerdy boy, and even the poor-model chick. But I have a question - what is wrong with Meredith's mom? I keep missing any explanation of it.