Es La Hora de Verdad | Golden Skate

Es La Hora de Verdad

J

Joesitz

Es La Hora de Verdad

The time has come for your final predictions. Just choose the WINNER with no Buts and Ifs.

I'll bet $10.00 on SASHA (On a role, overdue)

$ 5.00 on MICHAEL (It's do or die time)

$ 2.00 on INOUE/BALDWIN (I just like them)

$10.00 on LANG AND TCHERNYCHEV (SoooGoood)

That's my <strong>final answer</strong>. What"s yours? Remember: Winners only in each category. Amount of bet (cookies ok if not dollars) shows how certain/uncertain you are.

T

tharrtell

Re: Es La Hora de Verdad

Que divertido ...

I agree with you Joe on all accounts except for dance - I'll put 5 cookies on Belbin and Agosto.

N

NanSinger2

Ok, here's my bets:

$10 on Michelle (I believe in her)
$10 on Mike (He's hungry)
$10 on Lang/Tchernychev (They're ready)
$10 on Scott/Dulebohn (Having a great season)

I can't wait!

P

Princess Leppard 625

<span style="color:purple;font-family:georgia;font-size:x-small;">all righty, then...

Michelle (14 reese's peanut butter cups) She's not going to let those young whippersnappers take away her title, I also don't know if Sasha can skate well under that much pressure...

Matt (two peanut butter cups) Wishful thinking, I know, but I'm hoping artistry will win out over a jumping contest...

I know zero about any of the US pairs and dance teams...

Cheers,

Laura :) </span>

S

SteveKmetko374

I'm going to gamble..

Sarah Hughes - 20 hershey kisses
Belbin/Agosto- 25 hershey kisses
Matt Savoie - 10 hershey kisses
last years' silver medalists pairs - 15 hershey kisses

D

Dee4707

Here's mine:

1. Sasha C. - 10 snicker bars
2. Matt S. - 3 snicker bars (I hope, I hope) Hopefully not a long shot. (Probably is)
3. Lang & Tchernychev - 8 snicker bars
4. Belbin & Agosto - 5 snicker bars (Can I say on this board that I am not really fond of their program?)

Dee

J

Jill127

I'll bet a beer on Sasha. She's on a roll. I'll bet another beer on Tim, he's the right man for this year. How about a bottle of champagne on Belbin and Agosto to edge out L/T. I love Naomi and Peter, but Ben and Tanith have really improved this year and everyone likes the Elvis program. Pairs, I'll bet a bottle of massengill that not one pair will be up to the standard that we've come to expect of our pair teams, much less the standard of the Chinese, Russians or Canadians. But for the fun of it, I'll bet on Kalesevitch & Parsom (is that how you spell your names?). I think they have the work ethic that you need to win.

E

eliza88

Gotta bet on my favorite lady!
Michelle--a dozen almond rocca's and I'll raise it 1lb box of See's Nuts and Chews!
Michael--8 almond rocca's
Kalesevitch/P...--6 almond rocca's
Belbin/Agusto--10 almond rocca's

eliza88

PS--all this betting is giving me a sweet tooth:D

D

dlksk8fan

Joe I agree with you except for the dance-I'm going with Belbin & Agosto.

Ladies-Cohen
Men-Weiss
Pairs-Baldwin/Inoue
Dance-Belbin & Agosto

Do I have to bet $ on this?!!:smokin:

N

Nune

hey, nobody is voting for Sarah ?? Neither will I :)))

Ladies: SASHA - my plush dog
Men: Mike - 5 white roses (I really hope for him, not for that jumping machine)
Pairs: Inoue & Baldwin - 8 red roses (best pair for me in this season)
Dance: Lang & Tchernychev (or however you write this name..) - 10 red roses, as the judges will stay conservative

R

RealtorGal

<span style="color:blue;font-family:comic sans ms;font-size:small;">For Gold:</span>
<span style="color:teal;font-family:comic sans ms;font-size:small;">10 bowls of macaroni & cheese for Sasha</span>
<span style="color:red;font-family:comic sans ms;font-size:small;">10 bowls of macaroni & cheese for Mike</span>
<span style="color:green;font-family:comic sans ms;font-size:small;">7 bowls of macaroni & cheese for Scott & Dulebohn</span>
<span style="color:purple;font-family:comic sans ms;font-size:small;">8 bowls of macaroni & cheese for Belbin & Agosto</span>

L

Lcp88

$20/Snickers or Michelle or Sasha(can't make up mind who)
$10/Sinckers on Tim.
$10/Snickers on Kalesavich and Parchem, but their comment that"Winning Gold at Nationals isn't as high on our list as placing in the top 10 at Worlds" scares me a bit:eek:
$5/Snickers on Lang and Tcherychev, mainly because I love their programs and last year they couldn''t do the GP and still one, so I'm hoping the same for this year.
Laura
GO SHAE AND VIC!!! And for nationals GO ALL OF THE ABOVE!!!!!!

B

Bleuchick

I am going to bet:

1. $1,000,000.00 MK. She will win the LP and walking away with the title...of course... in style...as always...:cool:
2. $1,000,000.00 B&A will win. Belbin's beau(Fedor) did very well at Canadian nationals.
3. $1,0000 Timmy. Yes...Timmy will show Michael Weiss the *fist*...
4. I am not sure who to go for in pairs because I haven't seen anyone yet!

L

LADSKATER

Joe:

I am not a betting person - and I like being surprised in figure skating. There are always surprises!

Ladskater

M

maxell1313

$10 Everlasting Gobstoppers on Michelle (I think she's got something up her sleeve)

$10 Slugworth Sizzlers on Mike (I'd have said Tim before, but the fact that he's using last year's program isn't giving me confidence.)

$10 Wonka Bars on Kalesavitch/Parchem (wild guess)

$10 Lickable Wallpaper [with Snozberries] on Lang/Tchernyshev (or Belbin/Agosto)

R

rgirl181

Maxell--I love your betting currency:lol: I used to know all the great junk candy when I was a dancer. Now I only know the snooty fancy stuff.

Me--
10 Teuscher's champagne chocolate truffles on Michelle to win. I prefer Sasha but I think Michelle will win it in a close and controversial decision.
10 Godiva Grand Marnier chocolate truffles on Mike. I think Tim's injuries will leave him vulnerable and Mike has gotten out of his slump lately.
8 Lake Champlain cappucino chocolate truffles on Belbin and Agosto. Again, the injury factor I think will hurt L&T and I think the judges will want to send the up-and-comers to Worlds with the National title rather than the "been-there-haven't-done-it" team.
5 Lindt pistachio chocolate truffles on Scott and Dulebohn. I'm torn on this one since I really like Inoue and Baldwin; it's just that S&D have had more competitive experience.

Here's to a "fat chance" that any of us will see these winnings, even if one of us should win on all four accounts:lol:
Rgirl

D

DORISPULASKI

rgirl, Another fan of Lake Champlain truffles!!! They are wonderfulll. Glad to see someone outside VT or regular travellers to Burlington know them.

That said:

20 Lake Champlain truffles on Michelle. (but if I want to limit my losses, I'd put 10 on Sarah.) This is the wrong comp. to fall in the short, Sasha

5 Ringpops on Timmy. Not so sure of this, but betting on Mike to hit 2 good programs is always a risky proposition.
But do recall, Ringpops are a tasteless but popular confection.

10 Sky Bars from New England Candy Company on Inoue and Baldwin. I thought they showed some reasonable consistency in the GP's and every time I see them, they have improved.
(Why Sky Bars-well there are 4 flavors in every SkyBar-and the pairs are split that way).

5 Googoo Supremes on L&T for nostalgia's sake. And also because they have great CD's No great conviction here. Probably the judges will go with B&A in prep for World's.

dpp

M

mathman444

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>"10 Teuscher's champagne chocolate truffles on Michelle to win. I prefer Sasha but I think Michelle will win it in a close and controversial decision." -- Rgirl[/quote]That's what I hope for, too -- a controversial, not to say contentious, win for Michelle. That way all the Kwaniacs will be saying, "whew," everybody else will be screaming, "We wuz robbed," and all the Internet skating forums will have plenty to fight over until worlds!

Mathman

J

Joesitz

dlk - Marshmallows will do. I agree with Eliz, I'm craving for sweets Oh who will be the sweetest winner?

Joe

H

heyang

10 wax lips for lang and T
5 pixie sticks for Stiegler and Stiegler in pairs - although it'll probably be Scott/Dulebon
20 Lindt Chocolate Truffles Tim G
30 Belgian Chocolate dipped Strawberries Michelle (close between her and Sasha)