Movie Quotes | Golden Skate

Movie Quotes

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Hey it's the off season and I am bored waiting for class to start... so

let's quote our favorite movies. Tell us what movie it's from, who said it (character / actor), and why you love the line... can be funny or inspirational...

Star Wars Ep. V - Empire Strikes Back
"Do or do not. There is no 'try.'" - Yoda / Frank Oz
I love this line because it just really is one of those lines you can rally behind.

anya_angie

Final Flight
Final Destination spoken by the Mortician

In death, there are no accidents, no coincidences, no mishaps, and no escapes. What you have to realize is that we're all just a mouse that a cat has by the tail. Every single move we make, from the mundane to the monumental, the red light that we stop at, or run, the people we have sex with or want with us, it's all part of death's sadistic design leading to the grave.

MannyisHOT

Rinkside
Napoleon Dynamite

It's a Liger.... It's pretty much my favourite animela. Bred for it's skills in Magic!
I love this quote! It is just the best movie ever! If you haven't seen it ... WATCH IT!

4dogknight

Final Flight
The American President

"America isn't easy. America is advanced citizenship. You've got to want it bad, because it's going to put up a fight."

"The symbol of your country cannot just be a flag. The symbol also has to be one of its citizens exercising his right to burn that flag in protest. Now show me that, defend that, celebrate that in your classrooms. Then you can stand up and sing about the land of the free."

"You want free speech? Let's see you acknowledge a man whose words make your blood boil who is standing center stage advocating at the top of his lungs that which you would spend a lifetime opposing at the top of yours."

The Contender

"Principles only mean something when you stick to them when its inconvenient."

4dk - who honestly thinks these quotes are descriptive of a truly moral person.

Gregor

Rinkside
Round up the usual suspects.

Spoken by Louie, in the movie classic Casablanca. Actually, Louie says it again after shooting the Nazi officer at the finale just before the other classic line spoken by Rick

This could be the start of a beautiful friendship

Claude Rains' immortal line in the movie Casablanca
Round up the usual suspects can be heard here.

Movie sounds link Casablanca to be able to hear the words spoken in the movie

http://home.swipnet.se/~w-55183/casablanca/casablancasounds.htm

I’m shocked, shocked, to find that gambling is going on in here (Capt Renault)
Louie, I think this the beginning of a beautiful friendship (Rick)

Last edited:

Longhornliz

Final Flight
My most quoted movie is the big lebowski... most of my favorite lines arent suitable for such a family friendly website. But they get me rolling.

anya_angie

Final Flight
Being that I am blind striving to ve independent, this is one of the most beautiful quotes I've ever heard in all of films.

Woman: "How could you have sent HER? She's BLIND."

Edward Walker: "She's more capable than most in this village. And she's led by love. The world moves for love. It kneels before it in awe."

M. Night Shamylan's The Village

brad640

On the Ice
The Goonies
"Don't you realize? The next time you see sky, it'll be over another town. The next time you take a test, it'll be in some other school. Our parents, they want the best of stuff for us. But right now, they got to do what's right for them. Because it's their time. Their time! Up there! Down here, it's our time. It's our time down here. That's all over the second we ride up Troy's bucket."

"Nobody's perfect." -- The last line of Some Like it Hot, when Joe E. Brown finds out Jack Lemon is a man.

"And your little dog, too!" The Wicked Witch of the West.

Anya Angie, I have so much admiration for you in your quest to live a full and independent life.

Mathman

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
From "The Lion in Winter":
"Of course he has a knife! We all have knives! It's 1183 and we're all barbarians!"
One of the funniest lines Kate Hepburn ever delivered.

And just for Toni...
"I got a bad feeling about this..." (Any one of the first 3 Star Wars movies, line included because I still say it frequently.)

Have a nice weekend, everybody! I get to go see "Evita" tomorrow. Whoot! :rock:

xoxo,
Rave

Skate Sandee

On the Ice
A few that have tickled my funny bone:

From Jaws :
"You're going to need a bigger boat"

From the 2nd Adams Family movie (I forget the title):

"Would you like to buy some Girl Scout cookies?"
Wednesday replies: "Are they made with real Girl Scouts?"

From Dr. Stranglove:
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the WAR room!"

Ron Howard's mother in When Harry Met Sally:
"I'll have what she's having"

And while "I see dead people" is undoubtedly the key line from The Sixth Sense, I loved it near the end when Cole tells his mother:

"Grandma says hi" (a serious moment, but never failed to make me laugh!)

From Forrest Gump when Lt Dan asks Forrest if he's found God:
"I didn't know I was supposed to be looking for him sir."

Oh, thanks for this thread! Put a smile on my face :)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Ravyn Rant said:
And just for Toni...
"I got a bad feeling about this..." (Any one of the first 3 Star Wars movies, line included because I still say it frequently.)

Have a nice weekend, everybody! I get to go see "Evita" tomorrow. Whoot! :rock:

xoxo,
Rave

Rave, it's also used in the prequils... it's one of the many Star Wars "inside jokes"

I'm surprised "It's not my fault" has not been used in the prequils... you'd think Anakin would have reason to say it a few times!!!

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I love threads like this......

From "Bug's Life"....Hopper....."First rule of leadership, everything is your fault". Tony, you stole my fav Yoda quote........love it, love it.....42

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Another Empire Strikes Back quote:
"Size matters not. Look at me. Believe I'm a size, do you?" - Yoda
Seriously, Yoda is the WISEST movie character EVER

LegalGirl82

On the Ice
Toni, I love all the Yoda quotes too!

Since it's Friday and my head is mush, "If I only had a brain"--the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz.

Also, like I said in Piel's thread about the leg lamp:

"Frageeelay-- :scratch: --must be Italian", from "A Christmas Story". Gets me every time.

Eliza

Rinkside
Lots of great lines in the Wizard of Oz

Dorothy: Toto, I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.

Dorothy to Scarecrow - How can you talk if you don't have a brain?
Scarecrow to Dorothy - An awful lot of people with no brains do a lot of talking.

Glenda the Good Witch points at Toto & asks "Is that a witch?"

Eliza

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Eliza - my junior year of high school we performed The Wizard of Oz, I played the "Crabby Apple Tree" it was fun but I had to stand still for 40 minutes to deliver a 2 minute scene! and then 15 minutes more standing still before I could get off the stage... it sucked lol

Tree: Are you saying my apple aren't what they ought to be?
Scarecrow: Oh no! It's just that she doesn't like little green worms....

one of my best friends played the scarecrow. It was such a stretch for him, but he was great... (even if he did bruise my arm, and bragged about it! LOL)

*sigh* I miss drama club :cry:

Eliza

Rinkside
That reminds me of another great line from W of Oz.

The apple tree: How would you like it if someone picked something off of you?

Eliza

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Tonichelle said:
Rave, it's also used in the prequils... it's one of the many Star Wars "inside jokes"

I'm surprised "It's not my fault" has not been used in the prequils... you'd think Anakin would have reason to say it a few times!!!

Was it? You caught me out, dear...I must admit I prefer the earlier trilogy. But I'll be standing in line on opening day regardless, as I've been doing since "Empire". Old habits die hard! I do have high hopes for this one, though. (~crosses fingers~)
xoxo,
Rave