Movie Quotes | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Movie Quotes

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
From "On the Waterfront"

Charley, you shoulda looked out for me a little bit. You shoulda taken care of me just a little bit so I wouldn't have to take them dives for the short-end money.
Charley Malloy: Oh I had some bets down for you. You saw some money.
Terry Malloy: You don't understand. I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been someone Charley, instead of a bum, which is what I am, let's face it. I'm a bum. It was you, Charley.

Terry Malloy is played by Marlon Brando; Charley Malloy (his brother) is played by Rod Steiger.

I love the line: "I coulda been a contender. I coulda been someone..."

great stuff.

Ladskater

Record Breaker
From "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid:

Butch Cassidy: I have vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals.

From Casablanca:

Ilsa Lund: Play it once, Sam. For old times' sake.
Sam: [lying] I don't know what you mean, Miss Elsa.
Ilsa Lund: Play it, Sam. Play "As Time Goes By."
Sam: [lying] Oh, I can't remember it, Miss Elsa. I'm a little rusty on it.
Ilsa Lund: I'll hum it for you. Da-dy-da-dy-da-dum, da-dy-da-dee-da-dum...
[Sam begins playing]
Ilsa Lund: Sing it, Sam.
Sam: [singing] You must remember this / A kiss is still a kiss / A sigh is just a sigh / The fundamental things apply / As time goes by. / And when two lovers woo, / They still say, "I love you" / On that you can rely / No matter what the future brings---
Rick Blaine: [rushing up] Sam, I thought I told you never to play---
[Sees Ilsa. Sam closes the piano and rolls it away.]

Another couple of great lines from Casablanca:

Captain Louis Renault: Major Strasser has been shot. Round up the usual suspects.

[Last line]
Rick Blaine: Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

Ladskater

Record Breaker
From "To Kill a Mockingbird"

Atticus Finch: If you just learn a single trick, Scout, you'll get along a lot better with all kinds of folks. You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it.

Narrator (older Scout Finch): Neighbors bring food with death, and flowers with sickness, and little things in between. Boo was our neighbor. He gave us two soap dolls, a broken watch and chain, a knife, and our lives.

Narrator (older Scout Finch): One time Atticus said you never really knew a man until you stood in his shoes and walked around in them. Just standin' on the Radley porch was enough. The summer that had begun so long ago had ended, and another summer had taken its place, and a fall, and Boo Radley had come out.

Narrator (older Scout Finch): I was to think of these days many times. Of Jem and Dill and Boo Radley, and Tom Robinson, and Atticus. He would be in Jem's room all night, and he would be there when Jem waked up in the morning.

:cry: brings tears to my eyes everytime - now that is writing at its best!!!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Ravyn Rant said:
Was it? You caught me out, dear...I must admit I prefer the earlier trilogy. But I'll be standing in line on opening day regardless, as I've been doing since "Empire". Old habits die hard! I do have high hopes for this one, though. (~crosses fingers~)
xoxo,
Rave

yup Ewan McGregor's 1st or 2nd line in The Phantom Menace was " I have a bad feeling about this." and I believe Hayden Christensen is the "lucky one" to quote it in Attack of the Clones... ;)

Jar Jar Binks: "My have been banished, my have forgotten. The bosses will do terrible things if meesa isa goingsa back there. Terrible things!"
Qui-Gon Jinn: "Do you hear that?"
Jar Jar: "Yeah"
Qui-Gon Jinn: "That is the sound of a thousand terrible things headed this way..."
Obi-Wan Kenobi: "If they find us, they will crush us, grinde us up, and BLAST us into oblivion!"

I love all of Ewan's lines... because Ewan is hot LOL :p

"You were the chosen one!" - I hear there's more to this line in the actual movie, and so I know it'll go on longer than it should and ruin the emotional level... but i am still going to cry :cry:

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
"My last thread of courage now is to put my faith in you...to believe I will see you again. So now I say to you, plain as I can, if you are fighting, stop fighting. If you are marching, stop marching. Come back to me. Come back to me is my request."

Nicole Kidman as Ada from "Cold Mountain"

Okay, okay....I am officially an uber cheese! But, I love when the woman is reading this to Jude Law's character in the Confederate hospital. You see him come back from the murky depths of sorrow and near death just by hearing his love's words, "Come back to me." I cry every time! You can feel her need for him. It is so moving to me.

The rest of my favorite quotes aren't really appropriate for this site either, Liz. LOL! But, I am a huge fan of any Yoda quote. I especially love the scene where he is humming and cooking things in his hut in "The Empire Strikes Back". Priceless!

mpal2

Final Flight
The whole Men In Tights song and dance in the forest. :rofl:

We're men,
We're men in tights
Tight tights!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
mpal2 said:
The whole Men In Tights song and dance in the forest. :rofl:

We're men,
We're men in tights
Tight tights!

OMG... my friend Erin (you met her after Exhibitions) is obsessed with that movie... AND that song... :laugh:

"I am not a father, I am not a husband... I AM NOT A 9-1-1 MAN!!!" - Fraunk in Father of the Bride Part II

mpal2

Final Flight
:laugh: Hey, it's a great scene.

How about this one from The Village

Ivy: When we are married, will you dance with me? I find dancing very agreeable. (pause) Why can you not say what is in your head?

Lucius: Why can you not stop saying what is in yours? Why must you lead when I want to lead. If I want to dance I will ask you to dance. If I want to speak I will open my mouth and speak. Everyone is forever plauging me to speak. Why? What good is it to tell you you are in my every thought from the time I wake. What good can come from telling you I sometimes cannot think clearly or do my work properly. What gain can rise from my telling you the only time I feel fear as others do is when I think of you in harm. That is why I am on this porch Ivy Walker. I fear for your safety before all others. And yes, I will dance with you on our wedding night.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
haven't seen the Village yet... not sure if I want to :laugh:

"God creates dinosaurs, God destroys dinosaurs, God creates man, man destroys God... Man creates dinosaurs." - Dr. Ian Malcom
"Dinosaurs EAT Man... Woman inherits the earth!" - Dr. Ellie Satler

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
From "The Temptations" yea it was only on TV but still one of my favorite movies.

Paul Williams: "I used to know this family down in Birmingham that used to eat red clay for dinner. Red river clay!"
David Ruffin: "They used to have that down in Misssissippi too. Wasn't too bad with a little hot sauce."

Paul Williams: "Al to your left! Your left! Your OTHER left!"

Martha Reeves: "Does your group have a name?'
Otis Williams: "The Elgins."
Martha: "Like the wristwatch?"

anya_angie

Final Flight
TV Quote

Garfield: Kids, remember, don't try this at home. We're professionals, and also we're cartoon characters.

Grannyfan

Rinkside
I'm de-lurking to post a couple of my favorites:

"Get me a bromide. And put some gin in it!" Spoken by a character actress named Mary Boland in The Women.

"I can be very cruel. I was taught by masters." Spoken by Olivia de Haviland shortly before the end of The Heiress.

anya_angie

Final Flight
Leena: Oh, Donny, you couldn't kiss me like that and not mean it just a teensy weensy bit!

Donald: Meet the greatest actor in the world! I'd rather kiss a tarantula!

Leena: Oh, now you don't mean that.

Donald: I don't? Hey, Joe, get me a tarantula!

Singing In The Rain

mpal2

Final Flight
anya_angie's last post reminded me of a good Star Wars post.

Princess Leia: I'd rather kiss a Wookie.

Han Solo: I can arrange that. You could use a good kiss.

:p

LegalGirl82

On the Ice
Princess Leia: "Commander (?) Tarkin, I thought I recognized your foul stench when I was brought on board". Star Wars

Dorothy: "There's no place like home". The Wizard of Oz

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
..........I love Igor from "Young Frankenstein" saying......"Hump, what hump?".....42

anya_angie

Final Flight
Speaking of kissing...

Rhett: You should be kissed and often! And by someone who knows how!

Mathman said:
"Nobody's perfect." -- The last line of Some Like it Hot, when Joe E. Brown finds out Jack Lemon is a man.....

Mathman
Here Here! Except that should be when Jack Lemmon rips off his wig and TELLS Joe E. Brown, "Aw, I'm a man!"

Brown's reply of, "Nobody's perfect" has been called the greatest last line in film history.

FILM 1
Not exactly a line but rather some lyrics:
CHORUS
Germany was having trouble
What a sad, sad story
Needed a new leader to restore
Its former glory
Where, oh, where was he?
Where could that man be?
We looked around and then we found
The man for you and me
LEAD TENOR STORMTROOPER:
And now it's...
Springtime for Hitler and Germany
Deutschland is happy and gay!
We're marching to a faster pace
Look out, here comes the master race!
Rhineland's a fine land once more!
Watch out, Europe
We're going on tour!
Springtime for Hitler and Germany...
Winter for Poland and France
CHORUS AND STORMTROOPER:
Springtime for Hitler and Germany!
Goose-step's the new step today

I know, totally offensive, which is why only a Jew of Mel Brooks's genius could write it.

The first was obvious, here are a few more subtle gueses:

FILM 2
"I'm a star, I'm a star, I'm a star. I'm a great big shining star."

FILM 3
"What would Brian Boitano do?"

FILM 4
"Oh, what's in the box!!!"

And I'll get in trouble if I write anymore, lol.

Rgirl

mpal2

Final Flight
I know film number 3. SOUTH PARK! :clap: I can't remember the name of film number 1 but I know what it is and it was funny.

I've heard the line from film number 2 but can't remember where I heard it. Give me a hint.