"Sin City".........the movie | Golden Skate

"Sin City".........the movie

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
My husband thought a movie last night would take our minds off of the current world situation. I should know better then to let him choose ( :p ). He picked "Sin City", one of the worst movies I have ever seen. I know the critics raved about it, and I do like "campy" movies, but this was so violent and cruel, that I walked out after half an hour (I told hubby to stay, as he was really enjoying himself). I sat in the lobby and finished a novel that I have been reading. Anyone else see this flick? 42

Last edited:

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
I saw it and actually thought it was fabulous. Certainly, it isn't for everyone. It is extremely violent and completely unapologetic about it. But, they were going for the comic book feel and they definitely nailed it. Most comic book films try to stay true, but end up making concessions and ultimately fall short of what they could have been. "Sin City" barely deviates from the comic book from which it was adapted. I thought it was bold and innovative. But, again, it is one of those films that isn't for everyone.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Bronze, my husband is in total agreement with you. I saw the first half-hour, but that's all I could take. I've watched some fairly violent movies before, "Scarface", "Braveheart", etc., but this was over the top for me. I've read on-line critiques of this movie, and the grades are all over the place, from "A"s to "F"s........... 42

Unapologetically violent? Sounds like my kind of flick.

But I have a friend who, if she accidentally gets into a movie like that, puts her swearter over her head through most of the movie. Some of us just got the violent movie gene--if it's a good violent movie.

I hope you at least liked your book, Show. Ten bucks is a lot of money to pay for a reading room. :mad:

Rgirl

Last edited:

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
............Actually, Rgirl, I get in on the "senior" rates........paid only half that amount and finished "Angels and Demons" by Dan Brown.............. :laugh: Not a bad evening after all.......... 42

Good, then it wasn't as big a waste for you as it could have been. I can't wait to qualify for AARP and senior rates! It's waaaaaaayyy too long between student discounts and senior rates.

R