Elvis Still Chasing a Gold Medal | Golden Skate

Elvis Still Chasing a Gold Medal

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I like Elvis. He brought something diffferent to the sport. Best of luck to him in all of his activities.

Hi, Leprechaun. If you accidntally send a message before you finish typing you can amend your message by clicking on Edit on the lower right of your post.

Thanks for posting the info. Good luck Elvis.
I still enjoy Elvis at COI....he's always fun and reaches out to the audience.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Thanks for posting this article!!

Good for Elvis! A new sport to enjoy and compete in as well as a new business. I should take a lesson from his overall health regimen.

DG

mzheng

Record Breaker
Thanks. Hope he will be appreciated more in his new found love sport. Like someone above said he brought new style into the figure skating, but often he was not appreciated by the traditional judges.

soogar

Record Breaker
mzheng said:
Thanks. Hope he will be appreciated more in his new found love sport. Like someone above said he brought new style into the figure skating, but often he was not appreciated by the traditional judges.

I think Elvis was quite appreciated. He has won the World championships a few times (I forgot how many) and has two silver medals. Both of the guys who won the OGM won it fair and square over Elvis. The only time Elvis was really robbed was in the 1992 Olympics when he skated clean and didn't get a medal but from 1994-1998 Elvis was always in the medals.

boggartlaura

On the Ice
33leprechaun said:
Oh, man I swore I was going to get over this, move on, and not debate it any more but I can't resist the temptation. (Help me, I'm weak, I admit!) I still think Elvis absolutely should have gotten the OGM in '94, I'll never get over it. I just remember being glued to the set in shock. But, he moved on and certainly has had a very successful career, all things considered, so... I wish him well in whatever he does...
I completely disagree. Urmanov won that easily. 8 of the 9 judges had him over Stojko, so it wasn't even close.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I still think Urmanov won it. He was so cool. I like Elvis and know he was a very good jumper but don't care for his style.