ISU issues veiled threats of legal action | Golden Skate

ISU issues veiled threats of legal action

visaliakid

Final Flight
Country
United-States
In a missive posted on the official International Skating Union website today, entitled "Update on ISU activity," the leadership of Figure Skating's international governing body appears to have their panties in a twist over recent actions and remarks regarding their recent "official activities".

Legal actions threatened...

:rofl:

Taht's a cool newsletter, Visaliakid.

"Never complain, never explain!" About the ISU's response to criticism, they are only attracting more negative attention to themselves. What Cinquanta ought to do is rise above the fray. Adopt the posture of the elder stateman, let the "little people" nip at his heels all they want, and pretend not to notice.

Mathman

visaliakid

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Thanks, Mathman! I started my skating news blog last October. I love doing it, and it just keeps growing, both info and subscribers.

Visaliakid

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
How Low Can Speedy Go...

...Before He Drives His Own Car Into the Ditch?

Jeez. I don't even know what to say about the pathetic state of "politiks" in this organization. I feel sorry for the skaters and their families who just want to compete in a fair athletic competition. Sounds so simple....why does it have to be so complicated?

DG

Anyone who doesn't believe that secret judging is the proper method of judging figure skating is an enemy of the ISU.

Cinquanta would not resolve the SLC scandal. Sorry, two sets of medals will not do. What was the collusion all about? You know who were involved! Can you speak out about that as you do about your perceived enemies?

Joe

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
Joesitz said:
... Cinquanta would not resolve the SLC scandal. Sorry, two sets of medals will not do. What was the collusion all about? You know who were involved! Can you speak out about that as you do about your perceived enemies? Joe

What ever happened to the allegation that a kingpin of the Russian mafia was involved? I know that Italy refused to extradite him, but I haven't heard if he ever was definitively cleared. In all honesty, if there was mafia involvement, I think many people might be too scared to talk. After all, the ISU was doing the investigating, and I don't think the ISU has much of a witness protection program.

Panther2000

On the Ice
Joesitz said:
Anyone who doesn't believe that secret judging is the proper method of judging figure skating is an enemy of the ISU.

Cinquanta would not resolve the SLC scandal. Sorry, two sets of medals will not do. What was the collusion all about? You know who were involved! Can you speak out about that as you do about your perceived enemies?

Joe

Here Here. :rock:

Hey Visaliakid, I love "Blazing Blades" and even though I know Ogre Mage's statement is true right now, your newsletter gives me hope that a webroots effort will rise up against the figure skating oppressors and eventually give Speedy his final ticket outta here.

Your editorial was great, too. I especially loved, "Mr. Cinquanta and those who cling to his miserable direction have now moved from the incompetent to the wholly laughable category. They deserve to be publicly booed at every possible venue be it near or away from the ice." Right on the money! No pun intended.

And I can only speak for myself, but I'll certainly be rooting for Onyuka Chinbat at the 2010 Olympics. :clap:

Keep up the good work. You got yourself a new subscriber.

Rgirl

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Personally, I never believed the mafia theory. It was based solely on the telephone conversations of the alleged mafia guy nicknamed "Taiwanese". In essence, however, all he said in that call was that he thought B&S completely messed up, and that the judges were unfair in giving them the gold. There was absolutely no evidence whatsoever to point to any deal that The Taiwanese helped orchestrate. As most people on this forum know, I am very critical of many things that happen in Russia in general, and about its FS federation in particular; however, the mafia theory always sounded to me to be based purely on stereotypes about Russia today. In order for Italy to extadite The Taiwanese US had to show at least a some evidence of his involvement in this. They could not.

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
Ptichka -- thanks for the information regarding the absence of evidence. This really shows that $peedy and Co. blew things by failing to investigate.

FrenchLady

Rinkside
Ptichka said:
In order for Italy to extadite The Taiwanese US had to show at least a some evidence of his involvement in this. They could not.

If I remember correctly, there was at first an Italian court who ordered the extradition of Mr. T. THEN , Mr.T. appealed and he won his appeal. Has someone here read the text of the decision???? Everybody seems to believe it was because of a lack of evidence. Those extradition cases are extremely complicated. It could have been a technicality.... Or a witness that suddenly changed his mind...

So unless we don't KNOW what was in the decision, we can't make ANY conclusion. Please, if someone has real and detailed information about the Court decision, let us know...

Also, the fact that someone gives an opinion about a competition without any nuances doesn't mean that that someone isn't guilty of interfering with the results. Two totally different things.

We'll probably never know where is the truth, and that's a real shame... :mad:

Last edited:

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
FrenchLady said:
Also, the fact that someone gives an opinion about a competition without any nuances doesn't mean that that someone isn't guilty of interfering with the results. Two totally different things.
Absolutely. All I am saying is that it doesn't point to guilt either.

All I am saying is that the collusion was never resolved. Anyone really believe that Mme LeGlougne colluded with herself? Cinquanta knows.

Joe