MK's new sponsor | Golden Skate

MK's new sponsor

Let's see here...click on "select image size"...ah, here we are, 1600X2399...

Actually, I never heard of Maxxis tires before. But if they can hold the road like Michelle is holding that edge, sign me up for four!

MM:)

mzheng

Record Breaker
I would love to see someone edit the photo to make Michelle's blades on top or that tires.

I never heard this brand before, it is said this brand is popular in Asia, I'll tell my hubbie to use this brand next time we need the tires. He probably would think I'm nuts. But just a little. LOL

See, that's MK, win or lose she always WIN in marketing. Winning her #9 US National title got her 'East West Bank' (or was it 'West East Bank' ?) deal. Nocked off podium first time in 10 years got her 'Maxxis Tire' deal.

brad640

On the Ice
You're right mzheng. The average consumer considers Michelle the best figure skater, and her marketing clout is unaffected by worlds. I guess it was in her favor that worlds were on cable and no one watched to see her fall. She will be the big story of the Olympics and will receive more deals regardless of the outcome.

I looked up maxxis tires on consumer reports and they were not rated. Maybe they are trying to break through into the American market.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Actually, I never heard of Maxxis tires before. But if they can hold the road like Michelle is holding that edge, sign me up for four!

Hey, that's a great slogan, Mathman.........call them up...........42

I just did! On the Maxxis web site you can click on "contact us" and send them a message. Now I am going to head over to the MK forum and tell all the guys over there to write in and support their girl.

BTW, in connection with the "changing gender roles" thread that we have going, this is a new direction for figure skaters. This ad will not appear in Glamour magazine ("Use Kerry Lotion and your skin will be as smooth as my skating -- Michelle Kwan"). Instead look for Michelle's tire poster in the over-the-road trucker's locker room.

(Yup, that's Michelle on the left, right there next to Miss October .... Hmmm ... On second thought, the more things change the more they stay the same, after all, LOL.)

Mathman:)

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
. Instead look for Michelle's tire poster in the over-the-road trucker's locker room.

(Yup, that's Michelle on the left, right there next to Miss October .... Hmmm ... On second thought, the more things change the more they stay the same, after all, LOL.)

Mathman:)

OK, that just conjures up a really tacky mental picture of Michelle in a bikini and 5-inch stilletoes lolling across the hood of a souped-up '64 red Mustang.....

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I just sent an e-mail congratulating them for choosing Michelle as a spokesperson.............. :) 42

I got an answer from Maxxis, LOL! They wrote:

"Thank you for your email!

"Maxxis' ability to corner on ice may not match that of the incredible Michelle Kwan, but our products do perform like a champion in all conditions and we invite you to explore them through our web site.

"Sincerely,
"Maxxis"

MM:)

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Mathman............I got an e-mail response by too, AND.........they're sending me a poster of Michelle as well............. :) 42

gezando

Final Flight
Hornblower said:
Here are a couple of bikini poses from Newsweek, in a feature just before the '02 Winter Olympics.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze3kfxr/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/mkbikiniprint3.jpg

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze3kfxr/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/beachball.jpg

Now check out some of her costumes at COI a couple of weeks ago.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze3kfxr/id10.html

Hornblower, you have a very nice camera, and took some :thumbsup: pictures

show 42 said:
Mathman............I got an e-mail response by too, AND.........they're sending me a poster of Michelle as well............. :) 42
Hey, they never said they would send me a poster! You must have sweet-talked them!

Gorgeous pictures of MK, Hornblower. I can't believe how pretty she looks in the autograph signing set at the bottom. Thanks for posting.

Mathman

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
The second pic down on the right looks like Kristi :) . Two words I never thought I would hear together Michelle and hoedown. She looks so HAPPY! Great pictures Hornblower.

Vash01

Medalist
show 42 said:

WOW! I better send them an email in a hurry- before they run out of posters.... :laugh:

Vash01

Medalist
mpal2 said:

The pics are great. Thanks.

Can someone make a correction? It is 'Sponsor', not 'Sponser'. I cannot edit it since it is not my post.

Yes, I am nit picky. It particularly hurts to see a word misspelled in a title.

Vash