Sasha's New Dress for Rach. | Golden Skate

Sasha's New Dress for Rach.

D

DORISPULASKI

Re: Sasha's New Dress for Rach.

Eh cats! Can't say that it is my favorite dress of hers.
I don't think that the V front is a good look for her, and as to purple and gold, I guess we should be glad that it is not pink and chartreuse. However, she says it is very comfortable to skate in, and that's the most important thing.

Sashaholics take note, I see that she has opened a 'shoppe'
whose only wares are 4 autographed photos of Sasha
at $12 a pop.

dpp

B

berthes ghost

Help. Every time I click on the link, I get an old picture of Tonya Harding in her costume from 94 Nationals, pontial and all.

S

Skate Sandee

It's not too bad IMHO. I like the colors of the skirt and how they relate to the bodice. The only part I really don't like is the gold trim edging the the V in front. It's distracting somehow.

J

Jaana

I like the dress very much, and can well imagine how beautiful it looks when she is moving.

Marjaana

P

Ptichka

This is confusing. It seems that the article is quite outdated -- it mentions John Nicks as Sasha's coach, and says Sasha is preparing for the Olympics. ???

M

mathman444

Don't forget to send in your fashion questions to Sashacohen.com.

S

sspye

I REALLY love this dress of Sasha's!!! It's a little sexy and a mature pick for her. I realize that I am in the minority here! LOL

Denise

S

sk8cynic

After looking at the dress again, I think the overall design of the dress is lovely - it suits her body type, but what throws me off is the gold trim. It seems a little too frou-frou and out of place. If I had my choice, I'd keep the trim but change the style of it (ie., trim with more modern, sleeker lines.

BTW, ROFLMAO at the Tonya picture!! :rollin: :rollin:

S

sk8cynic

BTW I just hit my 100th post!!!! Time for the Custom Title!

:D :eek: :D

C

CB1AB2

I like it=wish her good luck wearing it
cb

S

sk8m8

has Sasha ever thought about resurecting the one in the Vanity Fair pic? Now that is a gorgeous dress that suits her elegant and refined style. I don't think the dress she's chosen does a thing to help her to mask her lack of poitrine.

T

tharrtell

Scary resemblance to Tonya's. Yikes! Much cuter on Sasha, though.

D

dlksk8fan

The skirt is very pretty but the gold around the neck reminds me of my christmas tree decorations.

A

Aloft02

Darn. I missed Tonya's annual garage sale again!

The dress doesn't need the spangly, tinselly 'V' neck bric-a-brac. Sasha is too beautiful to need spangles, and too diminutive in stature to carry the load. IMHO.

S

Sk8Harvest

Sasha's dress

The deep "V" does not flatter Sasha, (didn't flatter Tonya either) but the long sleeves and the skirt are really pretty. I hate the wavy gold trim.

Berthe's Ghost - the Tonya picture had me ROTFL.

:rollin: :rollin: :rollin:

R

rgirl181

It's hard to tell from a single photo--I like to see the way a costume moves--but basically I like it. As for Tonya's costume, that one had its V-shaped neckline down to her pubic bone and out to her armpits, and the gold trim was made of cheap sequins. IMO, I think that kind of "comparison" is more appropriate for MKF.
Rgirl

PS to Pitchka: The article you're referring to is the second one where Sasha is with the giant guy in the tux, which is from an issue of <em>Vogue</em> that went to press prior to the Olympics.

K

Kara Bear

The gold v seems to emphasize her non-existent chest. The rest of the outfit is beautiful. Purple and gold...royalty colours.