Which Judge on AI bugs you the most? | Golden Skate

Which Judge on AI bugs you the most?

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Paula gets my vote. I can't stand the woman. If the judges could be voted off - she would be on my list. She is so egotistical and phoney. She never gives an honest opinion. She tries to play up to all the contestants even if they are horrible. What is her game?

:mad:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I thinnk she may be a member of the "if you can't say anything good, don't say anything" club. Doesn't help her credibility as a judge, does it? She used to balance Simon but this year it's like she has lost all objectivity. I see her more as a cheerleader for all of the idols to help keep their self esteem up and give them something positive each week to take back with them. A good idea in theory but not working this year. Actually the judges aren't really judges at this point since the folks watching at home and voting are the real judges.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
It's a toss-up for me. I'm so tired of Randy's limited vocabulary, I feel like throwing something at the tv everytime I hear him say, "What's up dawg?" Paula is just foolish, altho once in a while she says something that might be considered constructive criticism & all Simon says anymore are variations of :"it was good" or "it was bad". My choice? Replace all 3 of them.

I'd have to agree that it's Paula that bugs me the most. I heard somewhere a speculation that "Paula must get paid to only say good things all the time".

Kasey

Medalist
I am to the point where I can't stand Paula, and 90% can't stand Randy....UGH!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Paula is a complete and total drama queen, and this year she's either stoned or drunk I am not quite sure... She is a lousy critiquer, and you have to wonder what she listens to when she says a crappy vocal should be considered "star quality"

Last edited:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I must agree. Randy is getting rather obnoxious. He is almost on the same level as Paula. Once in awhile he gives a critique - either good or bad. Simon is Simon, but at least he is not afraid to tell the hopefuls when they have a bad night. Paula is becoming the AI cheerleader. It's getting a little BORING!!!!!!

heyang

Record Breaker
I saw Simon on Oprah. He was promoting a new group Il Divo - 4 seriously good looking guys from 4 different countries performing opera. The CD comes out this Tuesday.

Oprah asked him a lot about his relationship with Paula since there has been so many blow ups this year. He said the part of the tryouts episode where she was yelling in his face was the tame part. He also said that it's because she wants him and knows that she can never have him - not sure how serious he was about that. I read last year that she had met someone through a matchmaker, but don't know the status of that relationship. Simon continued by saying that Paula has taken on the hardest job of always saying at least once nice thing about each performance; he was surprised that she's always able to come up with something - even when it's just about having nice hair. He said it's a lot easier to be negative than it is to be nice.

However, Paula does seem a bit overboard this year and there was the hit & run indictment. Rumor is that she's addicted to prescription drugs. If she is, I hope she gets help.

My favorite judge is Simon because I usually agree with him, but not as harshly.

For me, Randy's the most annoying because everyone is either Dawg or Dude or da Bomb.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I think Simon's whole "she wants me" is more of a joke because so many kids online just know the two are meant to be together (gag me) the "shipping" has it's own fanclub even!

Dante The Beagle

Rinkside
Paula is VERY annoying, but how many times can Randy say, "Yo, whats up, MAN?", or "I don't know it was just alright for me MAN". Have to count how many times he says 'Man'. :laugh:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I dunno I enjoy Randy's vocab being limited to the "Yo, Dude, Dawg" stuff... I haven't noticed him using it as much this season as in last year or the year before...

"Dude, dawg. Man, that was tight!"