My Doggy Needs Your Prayers | Page 2 | Golden Skate

My Doggy Needs Your Prayers

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Buck Update...

Buck came home today!! He is on a special diet/meal/water schedule through the rest of the weekend. He is perky, acting like his "old self" and NOT barfing, which is the important thing. We go back to the vet Monday to do the blood tests again. We hope his blood work improves which will suggest this was an "anomoly" type event rather than an on-going problem like cancer would be.

Our vet is so awesome. When I found out late on Thursday that he had to stay overnight there on IV's (which he also did Friday night) I was in tears. The staff their are SO nice - they put a sign on his crate saying "pet me if you have extra time." He also got walked a lot since all the walkers wanted to walk him. It was so precious to me knowing that the whole staff was looking after him. Beagles are very easy to love.

Thanks again to all of you for your continued well wishes and prayers. We are not out of the woods yet, but thing so far are looking positive. I think Buck and I will cuddle up on the bed later, and watch Marshall's. :)

Thanks!!!!!!!

DG

cianni

On the Ice
Buck

Im so glad little Buck is home and doing well. Will keep chanting for his continued recovery.

Chan

Spectator
I know how you feel, I lost one of my dogs two years ago. Spent time to comfort your furry buddy. Wish you and Buck all the best. :thumbsup:

Aw, Doggygirl! I just saw this! Poor Buck, but I'm so glad he's doing better. I don't have any words except my thoughts are with you and all your doggies.

Do you know the writer Amy Hempel? She wrote two collections of short stories, a novel (blah), and edited a collection of essays by writers about their dogs. In her first collection, Reasons to Live, she wrote one of the most beautiful stories about the love between people and dogs I've ever read--"Nashville Gone to Ashes." You might want to check it out at the library.

Her second collection is At the Gates of the Animal Kingdom but there's more animal stuff in the first and the first is better.

Good luck. Woof woof.

Rgirl

Petlover

On the Ice
Doggygirl, I just saw this - new job, not much free time - but I am soooooo glad Buck is home. Your love will pull him through - my prayers will continue for him.
Marcia

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Thanks again everyone!!

I really appreciate all of your kind thoughts. Buck did fine through the weekend. We are going this morning for the blood test which will hopefully tell us that his pancreas is functioning normally again. There is a possibility we might get blood test results back by this evening. I'm hoping!

Thanks for all of your support!

DG

GoldenLady

On the Ice
Glad to hear that Buck is improving so well.... Good luck in getting the results tonight; hopefully they'll show what we're all hoping for! :)

Hugs,
GL

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Hi all...

Buck's blood results were all NORMAL!!!!! It's a bit frustrating on one hand to not know what caused this scary episode. But at least for now it's over, and we are praying it was just a one time event.

Whew!! Thanks for all your support!!

DG

Figureskates

On the Ice
I understand full well.

My 89 year old father lost his 13 year old Siberian Husky in February. He was so attached to that dog that my brother and I held our collective breath to see how this would affect him. Fortunately he went out and got a new Siberian pup, Natasha, so he is fine. The power of animals!!

Picture an 89 year old man, living alone in a 7 bedroom house, chasing a 4 month old puppy through the house. I hope that I can be that lucky at 89!!

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Figureskates said:
I understand full well.

My 89 year old father lost his 13 year old Siberian Husky in February. He was so attached to that dog that my brother and I held our collective breath to see how this would affect him. Fortunately he went out and got a new Siberian pup, Natasha, so he is fine. The power of animals!!

Picture an 89 year old man, living alone in a 7 bedroom house, chasing a 4 month old puppy through the house. I hope that I can be that lucky at 89!!

Me too! I've got quite a mental picture going on. ;) Good for your Dad!! Nothing like a puppy to keep you young.

Thanks to all of you once again!

anya_angie

Final Flight
I'm very happy to hear your baby is ok!!!!! *big hugs to you and Buck* I knew he would be!

hongligl

Final Flight
Hi DG, so glad for you and your Buck! I don't have the habit of praying, but I wished Buck well when I read the thread. It must be a great relief after the incident.