The 2006 Olys Men | Page 2 | Golden Skate

The 2006 Olys Men

Check the statements that you believe to be true.

• Lambiel has no chance whatsoever of wining the Olympic Gold, and only a slim chance of medaling.

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • Lysacek has a real chance of the gold medal, and an extreme possability of medaling.

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • )Lysacek is a far more serious threat for the gold, and a more likely medalist than Lambiel.

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Lambiel is only about the 7th best skater in the World, not the 1st or 2nd best.

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • none of the above

Votes: 55 75.3%

• Total voters

Vash01

Medalist
I don't understand this poll at all. What is the point being made? Is this to show that the biggest threat to Lambiel winning the OGM is Lysacek? Why are the other top skaters not being mentioned? I don't see Weir who is a better overall skater than either of these, and Plushenko, the 3-time world champ. OK, he was sick at worlds and had surgery, he is still injured, etc. We don't know what shape he will be in- if he will even medal at the Olympics, but if he is half as good as he was last year, he is going to be a threat to win the OGM.

Lambiel 7th best in the world? I have not heard that about ANY reigning world champion.

Vash

boggartlaura said:
Which of the following statements do you believe is true, if any at all?
Agree with the poll if you believe it is a put-down of Lambiel or tell the originator to make fair choices.

Careful. This could be considered excessive bashing unless the choices are explained.

Joe