Is this move possible?? | Golden Skate

Is this move possible??

Hikaru

Final Flight
Hi! I'm trying to do some research about a move, and I want the view of people that skate, to tell me if it is possible to execute it.

Let's say that a skater goes into the Spread Eagle, and holds that position in a circular trajectory. After completing the drawing a circle, the skater changes to an ina bauer position, again in a circular path, and after completing that second circle, goes out of the ina bauer to enter a spin. Is it possible to do such a move? what would be the difficulty to change from the spread eagle to an ina bauer, and to execute both moves in circular trajectories?

nicole_l

Final Flight
Technically.
I think outside-spread eagle to inside-ina bauer would be easier, though.
Probably the main factor is the incredible amount of speed you would lose going in a complete circle for both. Chances are you wouldn't have the speed to do a decent spin. You'd have to go in so fast that you'd fall going into the spread eagle.

Good luck with your research, though.

Clarice

Rinkside
My Novice level daughter tried this this morning, and says it is very difficult. She did an outside edge spread eagle all the way around the center hockey circle, then switched to an Ina Bauer (with her back still to the center of the circle), but lost too much speed to be able to get into the spin. She says the problem is the faster you start, the bigger your circle is, and then the harder it is to get all the way around before you lose speed. I imagine it could be done if one kept at it, but it sure didn't look easy. The change from the spread eagle to the Bauer didn't look especially difficult, though.

Hikaru

Final Flight
Thank you so much for your opinions and also to Clarice's daughter for trying it out. As to the question of whether it was inside or outside, they way I had thought the move was for the skater to be on the outside edge, so their back is facing the center of the circle, and they keep their back facing the center of the circle while doing the ina bauer, and then of course entere a spin (any type, I hadn't thought of a particular one). I had thought that speed would be one of the factors to complete the move, but since I've never skated I wanted the view from people that have been on the ice. Thank you so much again :clap: :clap:

kayskate

Rinkside
If you were doing an inside eagle you could readily change to a bauer. However, I agree w/ the others who said you need a great deal of speed to complete 2 full hockey circles. However, stepping from an eagle or a bauer into a forward spin is trivial. If doing an inside eagle/bauer opposite your spin direction (spin direction = CCW for most ppl), you will be leading with the left leg and gliding CW. When ready for the spin, you will bend the left knee and push into a CCW forward spin.

Kay