Anyone Know What Paula Abdul's Problem Is? | Golden Skate

Anyone Know What Paula Abdul's Problem Is?

Dante The Beagle

Rinkside
I saw on World News this morning around 5:00AM that Paula said her behavior was not drug related, but personal health problems. I could not catch the report because I had to leave, did anyone find out what is wrong with her? :cry:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:laugh: :rofl: :laugh: When I saw the thread, I thought you were talking about our Paula. I thought who in their right mind would challenge our Paula. :laugh: :laugh:

Dee

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Enbrel may not have psychological side effects, but it has so many severe side effects and terrible complications, including death and lymphoma, that I am amazed that there are people who take it for psoriasis.

brad640

On the Ice
I am a Paula Abdul fan from back in her heyday. She was an extremely talented dancer and continues to be one of the best choreographers in the business (See the film Coming to America for some of her outstanding and innovative work).

I am tolerant of her across-the-board love for all the idol contestants because that comes from her personal outlook on the recording industry. During the late 80s and early 90s Paula lived through a barrage of criticism during the Milli Vanilli lip synch scandal about the authenticity of her vocals and the mixing and recording techniques used by her producers. In the end, all of the hatred and accusations were without merit. Paula did not have the range of Mariah Carey or the stylistic ability of Toni Braxton, but she chose songs appropriate to her voice and used them as vehicles for her groundbreaking dance videos. Because of her background, Paula is non-critical of the contestants and accepts the many ways artists are able to connect with an audience including the many aspects of vocal work, personality, dance, and presentation of ideas.

In her personal life, she has endured many hardships from bulimia, domestic abuse, racism and depression. I am glad she has set the record straight about this season of AI and I wish her all the best in her treatment and recovery.

Dee4707 said:
:laugh: :rofl: :laugh: When I saw the thread, I thought you were talking about our Paula. I thought who in their right mind would challenge our Paula. :laugh: :laugh:
Not me, that's for sure. See edited title.:laugh:

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
I love Paula Abdul and her cheerful, positive outlook. Yes, I wish that she'd provide some more constructive criticism, because occasionally she does and it is very helpful. In fact, I wish all the judges would give these contestants the benefit of their knowledge. Even Simon isn't giving anything concrete these days. His comments are just silly sometimes this season and are meant to be funny rather than helpful.

Anyhow, re: Paula, I'm sorry she's endured so much physical pain and applaud her willingness to go public with her ordeal. :clap:

My mother-in-law has RSD....it was misdiagnosed and by time it was properly diagnosed, it was too late for anything to really help it. She lives with the pain or else gets "doped up" on pain killers. She has been struggling with this for close to 20 years now.
MIL's was caused by the removal of a tiny lump that was a mass of nerve endings on her leg that got in the way of her shaving...if she'd only known what the removal would've caused she'd never had it removed---she had it removed during a gall-bladder operation.
She unsuccessfully tried to get a case going against the doctors but it didn't work. They kept telling her, when she complained of pain going from her foot up her leg, that she was confused from the gall bladder operation, that sometimes there is phantom pain in the legs after it...????

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
brad640 said:
I In her personal life, she has endured many hardships from bulimia, domestic abuse, racism and depression. I am glad she has set the record straight about this season of AI and I wish her all the best in her treatment and recovery.

I don't watch AI, but I am a Paula Abdul fan. Pardon my ignorance, but could you elaborate on the "domestic abuse and racism" that she endured?

Thanks, Yana

brad640

On the Ice
Hi Yana,

After her divorce from Emilio Estevez, Paula married a music industry insider who reportedly was emotionally abusive toward her. Paula says in interviews that she remains friends with Emilio and the Sheen family, but she does not discuss her second marriage.

Paula's mother is French-Canadian and her father was Brazilian and Syrian. She faced difficulties early in her cheerleading career because she was not of a clearly defined race.