The Top 6 International Ladies at this point in time | Page 2 | Golden Skate

The Top 6 International Ladies at this point in time

Vash01

Medalist
I would love to see Viktoria make the Russian team. Right now though she is not a top 6.

LBC

On the Ice
Irina
Michelle
Sasha
Shizuka
Carolina
Fumie or Miki

That is right now. Other than Shizuka that is top 6 at worlds. It will all depend on health of course for next year. Last year darn near all of them has physical problems. Fumie was the last to make the world team and finished the highest of the Japanese ladies. She is up and down and you never know which.

You also have to look at who are the best COP skaters. Irina and Sasha are at the moment. Beat the others by a large margin at worlds with mistakes. Shizuka has TT who will give her COP friendly programs but she has to execute them. Carolina good at COP but has to jump well to do it. Miki has to improve her presentation or she'll never move up. Michelle as we know has had problems with COP. She has to overcome her phobia about it because she can score well.

soogar

Record Breaker
Vika should be a lock for the Russian team. Irina and Elena managed to secure 3 placements for the Olympics and there doesn't seem to be another Russian other than Vika who would be ready to go. It's not as if the Russians are deep in the ladies field.

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
soogar said:
Vika should be a lock for the Russian team. Irina and Elena managed to secure 3 placements for the Olympics and there doesn't seem to be another Russian other than Vika who would be ready to go. It's not as if the Russians are deep in the ladies field.
Whether the judges will sacrifice her as Russia #3, like they did in Dortmund, is another story.

soogar

Record Breaker
hockeyfan228 said:
Whether the judges will sacrifice her as Russia #3, like they did in Dortmund, is another story.

They probably will... though I think Vika is far superior to both Irina and Elena in both jumps and style. Vika has that amazing look on the ice as well but her past inconsistencies probably make it hard for the judges to reward her over the other two ladies.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
I certainly dont think the 3rd U.S lady or 3rd Russian lady could be considered top 6 material. Sokolova is the 2nd Russian lady, and although I dont see her as one of the top 6 at this present moment, I could see it is as being possable somebody does. Not Volchkova though, I think the judges have given up on her, too many years of inconistency, it is sad, she is a beautiful skater, her jumps are the most beautiful I have ever seen when she does them clean. As for the 3rd U.S woman being top 6 who would that be Liang, Kirk, Nikidinov if she comes back, Miessner? None of those are top 6 material right now, not even close.

That's an opinion I can share but I haven't a clue who is the 3rd US Lady at Nats. If it is the right person I can see 3 US Ladies in top six, in which case both Elena and Vikka can forget about it. Jmo.

Joe

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
If is the right person there could be 3 U.S ladies in the top six? Who in the heck is that person, Beatrisa Liang, Angela Nikidinova, Kimmy Meissner, Amber Corwin, Jenny Kirk? I cant see it being any of those unless one is a level above what they are now.

It could be Liang or Hughes. The others have all had their chance. BTW, my last post was not a put down of Vikka. She's on my hit or miss list and if she hits, she very easily could be top 6 and definitely top 10.

Joe

Excidra2001

On the Ice
soogar said:

What happened to Soldatova? She was supposed to compete last season, remember? I know she'll be prepared and ready to go for next season, knowing that Russia has 3 spots. At this point, Irina is the only person who is going to be placed on the team. The other 3 will have to fight for their places.