COI: Any Lambiel sightings? | Golden Skate

COI: Any Lambiel sightings?

icedancer2

Rinkside
I know he showed up in Birmingham, AL last week or the week before, but is he skating with the show?

COI will be here in Portland in 3 days and I'm really looking forward to seeing this guy skate again!

:clap:

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Can we add my hopes for a Lambiel sighting at the San Jose show on Saturday?
Do we have a praying smiley?
Rave

icedancer2

Rinkside
I saw a link at another forum that he was in Denver on Saturday or Sunday (23rd or 24th?) so here's hoping he's on the bus when it comes to Portland tomorrow! (And to Seattle and San Jose and wherever else in CA they are going!!

Fingers crossed.

Have fun! ;)

brad640

On the Ice
Ravyn Rant said:
Can we add my hopes for a Lambiel sighting at the San Jose show on Saturday?
Do we have a praying smiley?
Rave

According to his website Stephane is skipping the San Jose show to do Ice Chips in Boston. So sorry Ravyn! :cry:

I'm so happy that Stephane's name is on the lips of so many fans. I've been pushing this guy for the past 4 years with no luck from anyone to back me up. I know he's been injured for three of those years but now he's a World Champ!!

I'd like to get up to Boston to see him if the show is worth while. What the devil is Ice Chips?

Joe

brad640

On the Ice
It's an exhibition of medalists from the Skating Club of Boston with a few special guests including Stephane, Yuka Sato and Mao Asada. You can read about it here.

Good for you Joe for recognizing Stephane's talent early on. I hope you will also be right about Jamal. I would love to see him improve rapidly in the technical department the way Stephane has, but hopefully without the injuries. If you end up going to Ice Chips, please give us a report!

brad640 said:
Good for you Joe for recognizing Stephane's talent early on. I hope you will also be right about Jamal. I would love to see him improve rapidly in the technical department the way Stephane has, but hopefully without the injuries. If you end up going to Ice Chips, please give us a report!
Brad - Jamal was the main young man I thought had the 'podium' chance in the future. I also liked a Finnish young man - name escapes me. Dobrin has talent but it is not developing properly. too much Yagudin and not enough of Dobrin.

Of course I will have to see these guys again, but Jamal is the most promising. I met him at the airport with an attractive gal. It kinda made me think of Chistopher Bowman and look what happened to him. Hope not.

I'll certainly report on Ice Chips once I check out the dates.

Joe