Hinzmann and Parchem Work Together To Pull Through Serious Injury | Golden Skate

Hinzmann and Parchem Work Together To Pull Through Serious Injury

Lucy25

Final Flight
http://www.usfigureskating.org/Story.asp?id=29695&type=news

Quote:
Although physical pain was minimal, when she did fall, the pain was excruciating. In five months, Hinzmann fell seriously about five times, taking out her knee completely during practice. Afterward, she couldn't move, because her leg was in so much pain.

I really like this pair and hope they can make a comeback next year! It amazes me how athletes can deal with injury and pain.

mpal2

Final Flight
Hopefully, she will be able to heal well enough for a run at the Olympic team. I enjoy watching him....Um....I mean them. :)

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
^^^Hehehe, I know who you were watching more in Portland, LOL :rofl:

That said, I do wish her a speedy recovery. That had to hurt all season! :no:

soogar

Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
Sad! They looked good in US Nats.

Joe

They or HIM? I think this is a sadly mismatched team as Aaron is an excellent skater and the lady isn't all that. I know she was struggling with a knee injury but his skating quality was fantastic. With the men being able to pick and choose, I wonder why he wasn't paired up with a stronger skater?

They did have a good program at Nats.

??? As much as I like this pair, I thought they were terrible at Nationals. I wasn't sure they were even going to make it throught their program. They got third only because of a lack of competition after O&L and I&B, IMO.

I talked to Aaron shortly afterward, and he said he thought they were lucky to medal at all. He also gave Marci all praise for toughing it out and skating her heart out throughout the season.

BTW, Aaron is a total sweetheart in person.

Mathman

mpal2

Final Flight
If we waited for a great US pairs team to like, we'd still be waiting. :) I've just decided to like what is there. :yes:

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
If the judges would have felt like it, they could have put either Evora & Ladwig or Scott & Dulebohn over Marcy & Aaron that night (they both skated better than M&A)and I really don't think the crowd would have had an issue with it. Just my opinion though from someone who was there. Marcy & Aaron are a really nice pair but they don't have a lot of consistancy yet (not that the other teams have it in spades yet either though, LOL). Personally, I think out of those pairs finishing in places 3-6 in the USA, that Evora & Ladwig have the most spark and potential but what does my opinion count for anything when most people haven't even seen their programs yet because of ESPN/ABC being huge tools?! LOL ;)

(And yes, I might be a bit biased now towards E&L but I wasn't nearly this bad back during Nats, LOL :agree: )

euterpe

Medalist
Does anyone know if Rena Inoue has her citizenship? Because the only way Hinzmann/Parchem are going to make the Olympic team is if Rena isn't eligible. Both O/L and I/B have been US champs and have consistently medaled at the past 3 US Championships. H/P would have to deliver a bang-up performance at 2006 Nationals to beat either team. I agree: Aaron is a fantastic skater, and Marcy isn't nearly as good.

BTW, I have always believed that if Aaron had teamed up with Kathryn Orscher, they would have been a far more powerful team than Orscher/Lucash.

nicole_l

Final Flight
I'm pretty sure that Rena has dual citizenship with Japan, although I could be wrong.

soogar

Record Breaker
nicole_l said:
I'm pretty sure that Rena has dual citizenship with Japan, although I could be wrong.

Rena doesn't have dual citizenship b/c Japan doesn't permit it (that was the problem that Wakamatsu had). She announced this year after worlds that she was starting the citizenship process. She's been in the US for a long time so I don't think she'll have a problem. Plus John Baldwin has said that he loves her and wants to spend the rest of his life with her so he'll probably marry her to expedite the process if it would help.

I'm not sure she can get it by next year though. Tanith has been in the US forever and she isn't even done with the process. I don't know how Rena can start it a year before the Olympics.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
I actually think they have the style and choreography to topple Orscher/Lucash, they just need more speed and their tricks to become more consistent. Inoue/Baldwin are also inconsistent. If they can stabilize their throws and jumps, and get a bit quicker, I think they could pull an upset and get one of those two Olympic spots. It would be hard for Aaron to miss the Olympics by one spot twice in a row, he and Stephanie were robbed of the second spot in 2002.

pairfan

Rinkside
I think you people who don't think Marcy is as good as Aaron will be in for a surprize this season. Remember it was only their 2nd season together and she was injured. The judges at Nationals must of seen something in them that other teams didn't have. Marcy and Aaron have GREAT style and maturity and I think that if they were able to compete and finish with the results they had all season long last season while she was injured, I can only imagine that without the injury they will be in great shape going into this season. Best of luck to them. :clap: They are both very nice people. :yes:

mpal2

Final Flight
soogar said:
Plus John Baldwin has said that he loves her and wants to spend the rest of his life with her so he'll probably marry her to expedite the process if it would help.

Didn't they get married already? I'm pretty sure that's why Rena's US citizenship isn't going to take as long as Tanith.

sk8pics

Rinkside
KwanFan1212 said:
If the judges would have felt like it, they could have put either Evora & Ladwig or Scott & Dulebohn over Marcy & Aaron that night (they both skated better than M&A)and I really don't think the crowd would have had an issue with it.

Actually, H&P were fourth in the free skate and ended up third because of the short program placements. If the judges would have put E&L ahead of them in the free skate, H&P would have finished off the podium.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If Rena just started the citizenship process this year, there is no way she would get her citizenship in time for Torino, even if she and John were married (which they are not, not yet). So it seems Aaron and Marcy do have a shot at an Olympics spot after all.

pairfan

Rinkside
chuckm said:
If Rena just started the citizenship process this year, there is no way she would get her citizenship in time for Torino, even if she and John were married (which they are not, not yet). So it seems Aaron and Marcy do have a shot at an Olympics spot after all.

Yeah :clap: :clap: (doing a happy dance here) I personally would LOVE to see Marcy and Aaron go to the Olympics!!!!!

Matt

On the Ice
chuckm said:

How long has Inoue been in the US? If she's already been in the US for the 14-yr residency requirement, I would assume that would theoretically speed up the process.

Speaking of Wakamatsu, is she going to pursue Canadian citizenship at all? I heard somewhere that after the Japan dual citizenship debacle that she decided she valued her Japanese citizenship too much and had changed her mind about Canadian citizenship

soogar

Record Breaker
Wakamatsu is not going to get Canadian citizenship. Fecteau was thinking of getting another partner so he could compete in the Olympics next year but thankfully he decided against it. They're a good team and they could do well in Worlds. Why break up a good partnership just to compete in the Olympics when you're most likely not going to medal.

I believe Rena has been in the states for a while. They don't seem to be making a big deal about the citizenship thing for her as they are Tanith (though I&B aren't getting the results that B&A are). I don't think it's going to be a problem.

I would have a big problem having to give up my citizenship just to compete in the Olympics. I wouldn't make that decision lightly.