Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: Kwan at the Crossroads and Choices

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm
    Wagner's Swan Lake was completely different from any of TT's versions. Nearly all of the complex choreography was stripped out. The jumps were all up front, and most of the spins were at the end. The result was a bare-bones program. Sasha apparently skated it well in the QR, but she was lifeless in the FS and the program was a dud.

I'm sure Mitchell( Kween of empty programs) is going to Respect mami tarasova's coreo lol!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by curious
    I'm sure Mitchell( Kween of empty programs) is going to Respect mami tarasova's coreo lol!
    First, I think that the issue of choreography is somewhat overrated -- as Kwan and Arakawa proved in Moscow, the best (or worst) choreograhy is no replacements for failing to land the jumps or do the planned elements. Second, I think Kwan will respect the choreography. She seems to learn from mistakes -- the first thing she did upon returning to competition after SLC was get a coach (not repeating that mistake); and IIRC, at her pre-QR practice in Moscow, she did not repeat her mistake at Dortmund of not practicing her jumps -- that she made a lot of new mistakes in her QR doesn't mean she repeated the old ones.
    Last edited by attyfan; 05-24-2005 at 04:32 PM.

Master Procrastinator
    The poster from the ESPN site has posted on MKF. She says that although sighted at Simsbury, Michelle was there working with NM again, not TT. Here is the link to the post:
    http://p216.ezboard.com/fmichellekwa...art=21&stop=28
    Scroll down to the post by MizSuezq.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11