Is This the End of the Idol shows? | Golden Skate

Is This the End of the Idol shows?

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I really enjoyed Canadian Idol last season; although at first I was skeptical and thought it rather low brow entertainment. However, as the weeks went past I started to see some improvement. It was not until Gordon Lightfoot joined the crew and gave them some pointers on how to sing and some great material to boot to sing that it really started to pick up for me.

The same with American Idol; I am waiting for someone to come out and really hit one out of the ball park. It has not happened so far.

Now, there is going to be an expose on American Idol behind the scenes on tv next Wednesday. It should be interesting.

I am wondering how many more Idol shows - both American and Canadian - will be produced. How long will this genre keep the audiences interest?

Talent shows have come and gone before. This would not be the first.

Any thoughts? :scratch:

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I would like to know more about this exposure. Is behind the scenes the name of a show? Is it on Fox?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
no, GrGranny the show will be on ABC on Wednesday and it's going to tell the "truth" about the show... so basically it'll be an hour or two of people moaning and groaning about Simon and Paula I'm sure... I will watch but I'm sure if Clay makes an appearance I'll want to turn it off. I am so tired of his "Simon is too mean" shtick. GET OVER IT CLAY. He's becoming so whiney it's annoying.

I AM NOT SAYING that Clay is involved with this show, but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't interview some of the prior seasons contestants

as for how many more of these. I am not sure. As long as the money is there it'll happen. However Ruben and Fantasia are not really making a mark on the charts like Kelly and Clay. So only one winner is doing the superstar thing, and a runner up is beating hte pants off the guy he lost to. So I am not sure how long the producers will hold out.

I think that it'll really depend on how long Simon will want to sit in the game. The man holds out for as much $$ as he can before he signs for another season.

I am hoping that they continue at least one more year and that they get their butt up here for auditions as they were supposed to be here for this season and that was just a joke. So yeah lol

Aloft04

On the Ice
There's even a website called "Vote For the Worst" that may explain some of the results:

http://www.griffinity.com/dave/

So if American Idol goes belly up it will be in part to general nastiness and thoughtlessness....wait, that's how we got Bush....but I digress.....

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I don't understand why they don't limit the voting to let's say, maybe five votes per telephone number. They did that for the "Fame" program a couple of years ago. This would eliminate "rapid dialing" that can generate thousands of votes in a relatively short amount of time..............42

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Aloft04 said:
There's even a website called "Vote For the Worst" that may explain some of the results:

So if American Idol goes belly up it will be in part to general nastiness and thoughtlessness....wait, that's how we got Bush....but I digress.....

actually I put a lot of thought into who I voted for to run the country...

Aloft04

On the Ice
...and I, from an equally informed standpoint, cancelled your vote.

Meanwhile back at American Idol, I think Scott must probably be terribly embarassed about the "Vote for the Worst" endorsement. It's sad really.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
This is interesting. I kept a couple tapes from last year's "Star Search" mainly because I wanted to save the vocal performances of Jake Simpson, Freedom, and Vicki Natale..........anyway, during one of the challenge competitions, who should be performing Martina McBride's "Independence Day" but Jessica Sierra from this year's American Idol. This gal makes her rounds of talent competitions...........42 :agree:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Aloft04 said:

Whoa!!! So keeping Scott on the show, while people keep hoping he will ge the big giant hook, is keeping the ratings up? Hm...did not think of it that way. I wonder if Scott knows he is being made fun of. If he wins, what a joke that will be.

Aloft04

On the Ice
I dunno...much as I kept thinking Scott should go, this seems, (if true), that it would be horrifically embarassing for him.

'Amazing what a bunch of bored teens with cell phones can do...nasty really. I don't like it at all even if the impact is proven later to be minimal. It sure explains the recent votes though as I think Nadia was extremely talented.