"The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy"......... | Golden Skate

"The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy".........

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Just got back from seeing this flick. Picture "Bonzai Buckaroo", "Monty Python "movies, and "Barbarella" all rolled into one. It was very odd, and a bit confusing at times (I haven't read the book), but all in all, not bad at all. The acting was good and the visuals were a kick. Anyone else see it? 42

Last edited:
I haven't seen it yet, but I read the book way back in the 70s. It was so cartoony and tongue-in-ckeek camp, I can't imaging how they could make a movie about it. (Or why, LOL.)

Isn't that the one where the intergalactic spacers travelled by "bloater drive?" :rofl:

"So long, and thanks for all the fish!"

Mathman

bronxgirl

Medalist
I read the books and cannot wait to see the movie! Alan Rickman as the voice of the depressed robot Marvin - PERFECT!!!

And remember - Don't Panic! :rock:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Thanks for the review. I am looking forward to this movie. My husband loves, Hitchiker. I love Alan Rickman shojld be great

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Just saw the movie and it was a bit disappointing. Of course, how could this book really be captured in a movie? I have heard readings from the book on the radio and it does much better that way. I think not to have all British actors was a mistake. One always imagines the characters with British accents. My husband, who is a Hitchikers Guide fanatic was very disappointed. Also, he had a couple of seat kickers (kids) behind him which made the experience even worse. We had to move. Oh well...

luvsasha

Final Flight
my sister loves that book and saw the movie a few days ago...i haven't read it. it's sounds kinda funny and weird. I did see some monty python skits..they are sooo weird!!!

LAD, what you remember from the radio was probably the original radio play from BBC. Hitchhiker was on the radio first, then it was made into a book. You can still buy the original radio play on CD from Amazon.

Mathman