What to wear | Golden Skate

What to wear

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
I am an adult skater(45 yrs old) getting ready to take my pre-bronze skating tests. I am wondering what to wear for the testing. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks :)

soogar

Record Breaker
My friend took the prebronze test and she wore a simple black dress with black tight/leggings. They also look at grooming so keep the hair off the face (or style it so it just doesn't hang).

nicole_l

Final Flight
Also make sure you have clean skates and laces!
And wear a little bit more makeup than you usually would.
Good luck!

Thin-Ice

Spectator
As a judge, I want to see the skater look comfortable, neat and make it possible for me to see bodylines. Some adult ladies like to wear a dress, but pants are now fine too. Even if everyone else at your rink tests in a short-sleeve or sleeveless top/dress and that would make you cold, wear a sweater or long-sleeves. I find a lot of adults wear black... although a little bit of color makes the skater appear more cheerful and confident. But wear what makes you feel your best.

The Pre-Bronze tests are to make the skater aware of how testing works and to see if the skater can perform under pressure. These are specifically called "encouragement tests"... so if you have any questions during the test, feel free to ask the judge in charge.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!