Hey - Is This The End of Paula on Idol Show? | Golden Skate

Hey - Is This The End of Paula on Idol Show?

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
With all the bad publicity it has been suggested that Paula may be replaced. That might not be so bad....one of the replacements could be Cher :clap:

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I can't see why they would replace her at this point. One of the reasons the show is so popular is because of the "judges". I look forward to seeing their "antics" each week as much as I do the singers...........I bet their ratings increase this week because of the so called "expose"................42

Ladskater

Record Breaker
show 42 said:
I can't see why they would replace her at this point. One of the reasons the show is so popular is because of the "judges". I look forward to seeing their "antics" each week as much as I do the singers...........I bet their ratings increase this week because of the so called "expose"................42

Believe me, Cher has a universal appeal and a larger than life persona, if anyone would boost the ratings it would be her.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Don't get me wrong, I love Cher, I just can't see them replacing Paula for anyone at this point..........42

Skate Sandee

On the Ice
Given AI's staunch support of Abdul in the face of this (yawn) scandal, the only way Paula will be replaced is if SHE chooses not to return.

That said, I wouldn't mind both Abdul and Randy being replaced. I don't see that either one of them brings much to the table.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
What a non-scandal. I thought Paula's cameo appearance on Saturday Night Live and that sketch was pretty funny.

That being said, I'm ready for a change of pace across the whole judging panel. To me, this is more entertainment than "real" competition, and all three of them have become predictable and boring to some degree. Time for something new.

DG

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I thought the SNL sketch was a good move AND funny :rofl: . As to Cher replacing Paula I don't think so. I appreciate what Cher does but she is just so much a caricature of herself and that's the last thing the show needs with it's judges ...too much of that now. Paula is good to balance out Simon and Randy. Debbie Allen or Dionne Warwick might work but I think they are both probably older than the producers want. Whitney Houston (sober) or Mariah Carey might be a good choices. Imagine the DRAMA :biggrin: !

Ladskater

Record Breaker
Well, the producers of the show did say Paula could be replaced by someone more interesting than Paula, so there you go. I guess they have the last say!

:agree: