Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sasha Cohen Journal Updates

SkateFan4Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Casper
    Sasha's musical selections receive so much discussion because they don't live up to the hype that has been surrounding her for years. It's the same reason that we all discuss those times that she falls, step outs, puts her hand down, etc. She is supposed to be better than all that because of her talent and ability. Yet she still doesn't do it.

She is hyped as the greatest artistically, but she keeps using pieces of music that make the judges and knowledgable skating fans remember past great performances of other skaters.

Other skaters use this music too, but they are not at the level that they could have their own masterpiece. Sasha has that ability. She needs a piece of music that will scream out Sasha every time that it is heard. Nutcracker, Swan Lake, etc. just aren't going to do that.
    There certainly has been a great deal of hype concerning Sasha Cohen's ability, and I agree with you that one of the reasons we all keep discussing her skating and expectations, etc., is that she's "supposed" to be perfect and skate to her ability. However, she consistently makes mistakes and fails to win competitions she might have won, had she skated cleanly.

IMHO, she needs to find a piece of music that can be her signature piece and choregraph a program that will be memorable for years to come. And, of course, she needs to skate clean programs.

I've seen thousands of Malaguenas - some good, some not so good. I would rank Sasha's among the best if not the best. It may be the short program but it is a damn good one. I also liked very much her exhibition "Fosse" number Hernando's Hideaway.

Her competitive skating needs consistency but her exhibitions are very entertaining.

Joe

Lovin' the Kween ... Now and Forever
    I think her Malaguena was one of the best SP's I've ever seen. At Worlds, it was fabulous!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2