USFSA to Recognize NonAnonymity of Judges | Golden Skate

USFSA to Recognize NonAnonymity of Judges

Go to Golden Skate Home Page and read the item.

Apparently we will definitely see Names of Judges at US events. I don't think this wll go over with other Federations. There is a fear in some Feds of showing judges' names.

I'm hoping this will get more Feds to open up on this matter and eventually the ISU.

Joe

That's quite interesting. I cannot find any mention of this on the USFS site (and this article only has a single sentence). I wonder if USFS is deliberately downplaying this decision so as not to ruffle the ISU's feathers.(?)

Identifying the judges is much more important in international contests than in domestic ones, because of the posibility of collusion among federations.

Mathman

Mathman said:
That's quite interesting. I cannot find any mention of this on the USFS site (and this article only has a single sentence). I wonder if USFS is deliberately downplaying this decision so as not to ruffle the ISU's feathers.(?)

Identifying the judges is much more important in international contests than in domestic ones, because of the posibility of collusion among federations. Mathman
Amen! It will also be another step in the right direction on preventing outright cheating in competitions.

I don't think it has any connexion to how hard the fans scream nor does it matter. There is no competition that the fans don't think their fave should not have won.

If there is cheating then bring it out into the open as soon as possible with corrective action taking place simultaneously.

Joe

ladybug

On the Ice
Mathman, as much as I agree with what you and Joe are saying, I think you are both having an international dream.

Ladybug

Not so. If the article is correct then the US will show the names of the judges. The dream is to have other Feds follow through. When the vote was taken on this some time ago, anonymity won by a small simple majority. Almost half the Feds agree to showing the names. Those that disagree are a tight nit click who, imo, are afraid of showing how certain Feds will have the same scores.

Joe

mzheng

Record Breaker
Mathman said:

Identifying the judges is much more important in international contests than in domestic ones, because of the posibility of collusion among federations.

Mathman

Yes. Identifying the judges is much more importatn in international competetion than in domestics ones. But someone (federation) got to start the trend shown that it can be done. I'm glad USFS is the one to start. Hopefully some other federations will follow the suit. when more and more federations doing that, it will become the standard.

mm, actually the lower level domestic competetions are full of political play even more than international ones. Judges there manuaplate the scores shamelessly, but since the skaters are not well known, so no one really cares....At least at international scene the judges still have a little face to save.

visaliakid

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Joesitz said:
When the vote was taken on this some time ago, anonymity won by a small simple majority. Almost half the Feds agree to showing the names.

Joe

You are correct Joe! The U.S. sponsored amendment to end secret judging fell short by only 3 votes! This can be overcome! :)

Jhar55

Medalist
If the judges are honest then they won't mind being recognize. It's the judges who don't judge fairly are the ones who don't want to be recognized.
I say name the judges and let them scores fall where they may.. :rock:

Linny

Final Flight
Louse

anonymity won by a small simple majority. Almost half the Feds agree to showing the names. Those that disagree are a tight nit click

So, Joe, what you are essentially saying is that those who support anonymity are taut louse who snap their fingers? I'll agree with that... LOL!

Except that I think you meant "tightly knit clique".

Linny

Linny said:
So, Joe, what you are essentially saying is that those who support anonymity are taut louse who snap their fingers? I'll agree with that... LOL! Except that I think you meant "tightly knit clique".Linny
:laugh: Linny - so true. I am not known for writing carefully and definitely the spelling is a problem.

Joe