Who should choreograph your favorite skater | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Who should choreograph your favorite skater

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Joe ITA with your assessments especially for the men. Style wise, I prefer the incredible subtelties abundant in Buttle and Weir's programs this year. But there is no doubt that Plush has his own unique style, and his programs are IMO well choreographed to that style. I can't wait to see what they all come up with for next year. I also hope for a well choreographed program for Joubert - and a "finding" of his style. I don't think he / his team have really found that yet.

I really liked Fumie's programs this year. I enjoyed her whole "package" right down to the costumes. I hope team Fumie comes up with something brilliant for next season, and that she struggles less technically than she did this past season. I hope Shiz "over uses" that Ina Bauer next season ala Irina / Bielmann's. I could watch Shiz just do for minutes of skate / Ina Bauer / skate / Ina Bauer. :)

IMO, lots of help is needed on the US ladies front. I doubt Kirk will be on the Olympic team next year in favor of a youngster. But one never knows. Her Beatles program this year was empty, and if she uses Lori again I hope they come up with something more exciting - I really think she is a lovely picture on the ice. Sasha and MK IMO have both fallen into a rut where it's sort of "same moves to different tunes" on the LP front. I too loved the original TT version of Swan Lake, and I hope that both Sasha and MK get some fabulous music and choreography, and then stick with it for the season.

It's sort of cool to see some of the men taking "center stage" on the total package front. At least that's my view after 2004/2005. (despite the technical mistakes at World's)

DG

Last edited:

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
I would love to see Savoie with one Tom Dickson program (his current choreographer) and one David Wilson program. I would also love to see what Tarasova and Browning would do with Li.

SingAlto

On the Ice
Ptichka said:
That's different. A choreographer of an elite skater today should be well versed in CoP to create not just a beautiful but also a smart program.

Umm, I was just commenting that Sandra Bezic hasn't entirely retired from the skating world because she's still choreographing. I don't know anything about COP or whether Sandra is choreographing for amateur skaters.