Who plans to see Starwars Episode 3 on opening day? | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Who plans to see Starwars Episode 3 on opening day?

Buzzz

Final Flight
STAR WARS has total North American box office receipts of $352,360,000 as of Jun 23rd. Still a looong way from the #1 position held by TITANIC which made about $600,000,000. I hate that thing.... mostly because I was dragged kicking and screaming to see it....OH THE HORROR!!! :eek: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Maybe if ROTS does do it, perhaps War Of The Worlds will.... :rock:

mike79

On the Ice
Buzzz said:
STAR WARS has total North American box office receipts of $352,360,000 as of Jun 23rd. Still a looong way from the #1 position held by TITANIC which made about $600,000,000. I hate that thing.... mostly because I was dragged kicking and screaming to see it....OH THE HORROR!!! :eek: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Maybe if ROTS does do it, perhaps War Of The Worlds will.... :rock:

War of the Worlds will not beat ROTS, let alone Titanic. Just look at all the anti-Tom Cruise sentiment around right now (most of it being justified). It does look good though.

Titanic was the last of the colossal blockbusters. It was the type of movie that appealed to people of all demographics, and it came around at the right time. People don't go to the movies like they did before, choosing instead to stay home and watch DVD's, etc.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
thanks to high speed internet and dishonest hollywood employees you can download pirated films for as much as a few pennies, so people just don't go to the movie as they did before...

top that with people getting over saturated with celeb crap and people just DON'T want to watch films

and the movie theater prices are so freaking outrageous anymore, and you can never be sure the movie is going to be good (sex content any more is so out there, and foul language, and just plain stupid plots, or overly political)

Buzzz

Final Flight
Unfortunate, but true. :( I cannot tell you how many fights I have had(all in good humour of course) with my co-workers aginst downloading. I tell them it is stealing. And there is a cinema that show recent movies for half the price, they charge only $4.25. They think it is ok to download these things for a few cents and it is not steal. I insist it is. I still go to the movies almost every week. :)

Last edited: