Thread: The big pic on the front page

Custom Title

The big pic on the front page

I find the new look - with that girl on the right side of the front page- very distracting. When I click to ge to the message boards, I want to see the list of the message board, instead of having to scroll down half a page.

I know it's a minor inconvenience, but I always like a user friendly appearance.

Vash

Hi Vash. I can't speak for Paula; maybe she will respond, too. But I do know that maintaining this forum is not free, and the money mostly comes out of Paula's pocket. She does not solicit or accept donations.

The top of the board has always listed Golden Skate's commercial sponsors, together with links to their web sites in case anyone wants to buy something from them (this is the purpose of sponsorship, after all, LOL) Every once in a while someone pays for a special promotional advertisement, like this skating T-shirt (there was also a Skate Stocking that you could buy -- I did, LOL -- around Christmas time).

Since the board is otherwise free of advertising (there are no pop-ups or crawling banners, for instance), to me this is a small price to pay to keep the board in the black.

Mathman

Custom Title
    Thank you.

May be it depends on the size of the board, number of visitors, etc. but the cost of maintaining my board is minimal and there are no pop-ups. May be a board this size costs a lot more.

Math has said it all. This is a three month campaign and I apologize for the visual incovenience.

Space on a server and bandwidth used do indeed come out of my pocket and - at times - exceed the normal cost.

Paula

Kudos to you Paula ... and some of Carrie's dresses are stunning! I checked her website!