AI Question/Opinion | Golden Skate

AI Question/Opinion

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Season 1: In the Final 4 episode (or close to it, I can't remember the exact chronology), Simon says something nasty to Nikki, she cries on National TV, then gets in the Final 3 over Tamyra Gray.

Season 3: In the Final 4 episode, Simon says something to Jasmine, she cries on National TV, then gets in the final 3 over LaToya London.

Last Tuesday:In the Final 4 episode, Vonzell has a "rough day" (whatever on earth that meant and/or entailed), cries on National TV, then gets in the final 3 over Anthony, who IMHO the last couple of weeks, vocally, has been MUCH BETTER.

Why was I not surprised at this outcome? Anyone see a pattern here? I like Vonzell, but the last couple of weeks she's been off (and in the case of her country song Tuesday, WAY off) while Anthony's been pretty spot on, at least IMO.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Interesting theory, Jonny. It makes sense. I always thought the "AI Gods" did a little tweaking of the results, especially since Reuben won over Clay in season two. Playing on the sympathy vote happens all of the time. However, I believe that when it gets this close to the end, fans no longer care about who has the "best" performance of the night, they are voting for their favorite regardless of the performance. Anthony had the "break-out" performance I was hoping for, and despite the over-whelming number of votes fans said they cast, he still got the boot...........something smells a bit "amiss", but I guess, that's show-business...... :laugh: 42

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I think it is pretty much "rigged". By rights, Vonzelle should have gone and Anthony should have stayed, but as was pointed out no one cares at this point - it is just a popularity contest now.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Ladskater said:
I think it is pretty much "rigged". By rights, Vonzelle should have gone and Anthony should have stayed, but as was pointed out no one cares at this point - it is just a popularity contest now.

I totally disagree. Vonzell has been improving weekly and is really now one of my favorites. Anthony did have one very good week--this past one--has not improved at all since the first week and is a very forgettable, bland performer overall.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Although Anthony did not have stellar performances until lately, they were good enough to keep him in the competition until last week. Some people must like bland performers. :) 42