• Sit

Votes: 35 26.9%
  • Layback/Catchfoot layback/Bielmann/Attitude

Votes: 38 29.2%
  • Forward/back Cross

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Other

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • I don't skate but I'm going to post my favorite to watch!

Votes: 11 8.5%

• Total voters
I

IcyBallerina

Combinations don't count in the poll, just position. But go ahead and post your favorite combination, and any comments, too!

Just recently I've gotten the hang of the layback, and I can go back far enough to see the boards behind me. If my position is steady enough, I can use my free leg to accelerate! The biggest step forward was after I sprained my wrist falling on it- amazingly enough, getting hurt was what helped me get over the fear,

Last edited:

icy fresh

On the Ice
My favorite is the layback. I have a lot of variations (about 4 positions in total). I like it because it's the most prettty spin to perform and for people to watch. I also like doing camel and donut spins, but I like laybacks more. haha.

kayskate

Rinkside
Layback has been my fav to do for yrs. I also love to do back camels, especially layover ones.

Kay

MannyisHOT

Rinkside
I love doing sideways leaning spins! i wasnt sure if it was considered a layback but i voted for other!

screech

Final Flight
When I was a skater I loved sit spins. I guess that was because I got super low on my sit spins, both the forward and back sit. My absolute favourite though was doing travelling 3s into a back sit.

I also liked doing laybacks, because I had great arch - flat back (though my free leg wasn't stunning) but I always got compliments on it, especially how literally one week my laback was hideous (no arch, horrible leg) and the next week I had a flat back. Nobody understood the change (even me).

singerskates

On the Ice
Right now my favorite spin to try to do is a forward catch foot spin where my foot is half way up my back. I'm trying to one day get it to be a bielman.
My next favorite spin to play with is a broken leg spin. I do my broken legspin in combination with a regular forward sitspin which proceeds it.

nicole_l

Final Flight
I love doing laybacks, but a close second is flying camels.
My least favorite spin is the flying sit.

I'm not that advanced spin wise, or jumps wise either lol, only have up to a lutz, but I love the sit spin, because I can get down so low, and my leg almost completely straight, wtill working on that. I've never actually tried a layback*gasp* but I think I might on wednesday, even though I don't expect to get that far with it lol.

Summerkid

Rinkside
I'm with Nicole on the laybacks and flying camels. I'm working on grabbing my blade from the flying camel up. My least favorite is a back sit spin.

Spiral_Marty

Spectator
I can't wait til I'm able to do a layback, they're just too awesome! Biellmanns too, I love to watch those.

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
Right now? Any one that doesn't leave me in a tangled pretzel on the ice! (Don't ask. I don't know how I did it, either.) Since I'm only doing MIF and dance, though, I probably am not going to end up doing many at all.

princess-ice

Rinkside
I'm learning how to lift my leg straight up towards my face like Sasha Cohen. The more I do it, the better it gets -- and it's really fun too!! :rock:

screech

Final Flight
For me (when I skated) its a toss-up. It would be between sit and layback. For my layback I was absolutely horrible at it, then when I was abotu 13 all of a sudden I could do one. I was always told how gorgeous the arch was that I got (though my free leg was never too stunning), and it was just fun for me to do.

Then there's sit. I was one of the rare few who was low on both the front and back sit (actually lower on the back half). I think my absolute favourite spin to execute though would have been running threes into a back sit.

sk8fanconvert

On the Ice
laylack!!

A traditional layback done properly with a turned out leg & pointed toe. Sasha & Angela do the best. Michelle could never do one. SK8addict

peachy

Rinkside
I was at a seminar today and we worked on flying sit spins, and now this is my new favourite spin!!