Alexei Yagudin's 25th Birthday - SOI Tour Photos | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Alexei Yagudin's 25th Birthday - SOI Tour Photos

Zanzibar

Final Flight
A few tidbits about the photos:

Alexei did buy the Armani suit!

Sarah ended up getting Alexei a nice polo shirt for a gift, which she was able to keep a surprise by paying for and getting gift-wrapped while he was busy in the dressing room.

The cell phone on Alexei's ear is pretty much a permanent attachment, LOL, removed only upon taking the ice - and even then, not always.

Ping-pong, basketball, and soccer is played vigorously by all male cast members and taken quite seriously - Todd E. is considered best all-around male athlete, and Steven Cousins get top honors in soccer.

In the 'human pyramid' photo, the look on Elena's face is due to Anton, 'sleeping' in the berth off to the side.

The chocolate cake was delish - but the buses are well-stocked AND catered AND there's frequently a post-show reception....so...no chances of starving with SOI.

And an aside....the drivers (there are 3 buses - brand new each season) have a fairly thankless job that is relentless and really tough on the long hauls through the bad weather. These are some of the nicest guys around and big kudos to the SOI drivers that get all of our beloved skaters to the arenas...and get them there safely!!!

Last edited:

bloozywoozy

Rinkside
Awesome pictures!! :clap: Sounds like he had a good birthday! :rock:

Thanks Kathleen!

~live~love~laugh~ :agree:

Last edited:
Hey, bloozywoozy, I love your name! Welcome to the forum. I hope you like it here.

Mathman:)

Poe-Kat

Rinkside
Cute pics... :rock:

Ummmm... about that Alexei takes a break from "ping pong" pic... nicely cropped... can I see the croppings please? :biggrin: :laugh: :rofl:

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
I love your pictures. Sarah is very photogenic, and I notice in every picture I see of Elena, she looks so shy. Thank you for icluding Anton, also. :thumbsup: :)

Poe-Kat

Rinkside
Now that I've had more time to look at the photos, I must say that it looks like a good time was had by all... :) I really like that post reception pic where Kathleen Bangs is sitting between Alexei and Sarah... TOTALLY cute!

fallsauce

Rinkside
YES! He cut his hair!

Moving on...

Thank you for the pictures, they're fabulous! Everyone looks so happy and adorable.

btw, I was wondering what your connection to them was?

Shanti

On the Ice
Thanx for the pics!

Zanzibar, it seems you know everything ;)
And what was Elena and Anton's gift for Alexei?

Zanzibar

Final Flight
Shanti said:
Thanx for the pics!
And what was Elena and Anton's gift for Alexei?

I don't know but I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't turn out to be a business contract so the two can open up a restaurant together, considering the success of Anton's new one!! :laugh:

Here's a link to some very nice photos of Anton's restaurant, 'Sphinx'.

http://www.dp.ru/materials/79214

Last edited: