Thread: American Idol - Final 3

American Idol - Final 3

All I can say is "WOW". This was a real competition tonight. I thought Bo was consistently best tonight. I think I give Vonzell a slight edge over Carrie tonight - Vonzie has a better stage presence. Also, I thought Carrie's performances had slight declines whereas Vonzell seemed to get stronger as the night went on and last impressions do count.

Clive and the judges picked really good songs for each of the contestants. I also thought that Bo and Vonzell picked well for themselves, too. Air Supply seemed a bit 'old' for Carrie, but she did a fantastic job on those notes.

BTW - did you notice Scott Hamilton in the audience? They showed him right after Simon made is last comments after Carrie sang the last song of the evening, but before they recapped everyone's phone #'s.

Wow..........I thought that was Scott........why didn't Ryan introduce him? Oh well, I thought the show was tight on time. Too many darn commercials. I thought Carrie was the most consistent tonight. Loved Bo's second song, but did not like his version of "Satisfaction". Also, I don't mind grungy looking, but his whole appearance has changed for the "worst". I think he should shave the beard, trim the hair a bit, and get some Crest White Strips.( He's starting to look a bit like Charles Manson.) Other than that, he's perfect . Vonzelle was great...........I give it a three way tie............42

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    Actually, I thought Carrie sang best tonight. Bo was so-so. He was flat at first on Elton Johns' "Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me." I did not think the song suited him. Also that was a pretty poor rendition of the Stones' "Satisfaction." He is no Mick Jagger.

Vonzell was not that great.

I really liked Carries' rendition of "Crying" - Roy Orbison song. I thought she did a good job on the other two songs as well.

Of the three left, Carrie should win, but it will likely be Bo. He seems to have won the judges over. Really, I just don't think Bo has that great a voice. After awhile he would get pretty boring. Give me Robert Plant.

average opinionated skate fan
    Betcha the two that don't win have record contracts after their AI committments are over. Any one would be a good choice for a winner. It's really great, IMHO, that this year you have a choice of three different tastes rather than 3 levels of ability. Idol's been choice this season with some really great competitors, all to the point...I think that now there are no losers, just bigger and bigger winners.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    I only get to watch occasionally but I enjoyed last night. I thought that was Scott Hamilton in the audience, glad to know you all thought it was him too. Anyhow, I have a question, why does Bo carry around the mic?

Dee

Custom Title
    How dumb do I feel? When the camera showed Scott Hamilton, my brain registered only that he looked familiar and I was trying to make him into a contestant on AI from last season!! Maybe I pictured him singing 'Walk This Way'.

I thought Vonzelle missed the mark last night forcing the songs, (with the exception of 'Chain of Fools' - I liked her version). I'm no Carrie fan at all...'hate country music in general and her usual mechanical delivery...but she did very well on this show with good song choices. I agree Bo could benefit from a good scrubbing , but it sure was his night for showmanship.

average opinionated skate fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707
    Anyhow, I have a question, why does Bo carry around the mic?
    Dee
    Dee, Having known a few rock singers in my time, Bo probably plays(ed) in a band where he was the front man and played the guitar. Some folks are very uncomfortable with hand held mikes. If I had to venture a guess, I'd say that he most likely does that because it "feels" right to him....like carrying around the weight of a guitar. Thank God, he has enough sense not to attempt to play the thing like an air guitar

Check this out..."Plea from a microphone stand"
    http://forums.prospero.com/n/main.as...relevance&be=0
    Last edited by Piel; 05-18-2005 at 04:36 PM.

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8m8
    Dee, Having known a few rock singers in my time, Bo probably plays(ed) in a band where he was the front man and played the guitar. Some folks are very uncomfortable with hand held mikes. If I had to venture a guess, I'd say that he most likely does that because it "feels" right to him....like carrying around the weight of a guitar. Thank God, he has enough sense not to attempt to play the thing like an air guitar
    That, or he might be one of those people who has to be doing SOMETHING with their hands or they just feel uncomfortable. I'd rather see that then that annoying half-assed "singing with your hands" thing that Scott was doing every time he went out there.

Rinkside
    For the first time since it's creation, I've been totally sucked in by American Idol. Methinks Bo Bice is gonna leave Miss Carrie eating his dust, despite his unkempt stubbles, stumps and sprouts. He's got showmanship nailed and the voice is as rich as a forest of walnut timber. I've been thinking it's Bo's to win since it got down to the top 10.

GO Bo!!! He has got "it"! He's got "it all"! If he doesn't win this thing, something is really wrong.

IMO, Vonzell has great stage presence but needs just a little tweaking with her voice--some vocal coaching or something.
    Carrie, the biggest problem I have with her is that I often cannot hear her voice over the band. She gets pitchy sometimes, too, and could probably do with some voice coaching as well. She doesn't have much stage presence...maybe the Idol tour will help her with that.

Rinkside
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BO!!