Stars On Ice | Golden Skate

Stars On Ice

J

jharland

Stars On Ice

Just watched Stars On Ice, another great show. To bad once again the show not coming to the Nashville area.
The best routine was the HOT COWBOY :cool: .
Always wondered what happened to the old outfits, looked like Kyoko was wearing one of them.

L

Lcp88

Re: Stars On Ice

John Zimmerman was by far the best cowboy. He really has the look down. Not to mention he is SO hot!
:D Laura

B

Bleuchick

:rollin: - hey PAIR FANS ! this is our turn. SOI finally got it right!!!

the funny parts:

1. David and John flipped Alexei who almost fell:lol: :lol:
2. Kurt clown part in this number.

Others stuff:

- You know what, Todd Sand does not look bad. He should be a cowboy more often.
- John John John and David David David...you are both HOT!
Lucky lucky Silvia and Jamie:p

3. Elena and Anton number is not as bad as most people keep saying.
4. Todd E. and the Sing sing sing. I love this music so much that I really got into the poem and thought it was lovely and meaningful. Hopefully, this put an end to all that talk about the four hating one another. Todd did a great job.
5. Will Smith number is awesome

Bad stuff:

-1 and 1/2 hours is not enough.
-some of the moves are kind of sexy. Yes, I mind about those little fans.

G

Grgranny

Actually, I enjoyed the Elvis part. He looked like he was having so much fun and that jumping around to the music in the first part was cute.

S

shdotz

Lcp88 -

I agree; definitly!

Did ja know that Kurt Browning actually is/was? His dad had some kind of farm/ranch. I remember seeing a photo of Kurt riding one of the horses - great photo.

But where was Ilia? I didn't see him. I thought he was still on SOI.

Anyone?

F

FetalAttraction

Gay Rodeo

Some will merely say it was gay as in gaiety, but others, especially me, say that cowbow routine was as queer as the day is long (or short, given thi time of the year), yeehaw! I always wondered what having two guys doing a pair routine would be like, and here I got to see pairs, even triplets, even a whole damn chorus line of them. One pair of men (I forgot who:( ) even did a gliding move where the position was, shall I say, edging on flagrante delicto. And at the end where they hang their hats where something else is hung (now I'm edging on something) was priceless, especially since a couple of the cowboys couldn't keep it up.

P.S., This post was not meant to suggest that any of the skaters who participated in the gay cowboy routine are indeed gay, as every single one of them clearly prefer sheep. It's nice to see ovinosexuals play against type once in a while.

A

AY2006

Re: Stars On Ice.

NBC should not have zoomed up skaters' faces/upper bodies when they are skating. Especially when Yagudin is doing his footwork sequences. That's a no-no. It should be banned from skating broadcasting.

A

Aloft02

Re: Hotty Rodeo

(Ah, I love the smell of homophobia in the air! :rolleyes: )

I almost didn't watch this today because in the past I felt the cornball-cheesey meter reading was high, but I really did enjoy this year's show!

Favorite parts:
Alexei, The Hot Cowboys :eek: , the four-skate of B&S and S&P with Todd narrating, and biggest surprise for me was how much I enjoyed Gorsha & Sur (I'm not a big ice dance fan). Also loved the opening still shot of John Zimmerman....can it get any better than that? ~sigh~

Least favorite bits:
Kurt's over-worked comic routine, Katarina is beginning to bore me, S&P's pseudo-sexy number, I miss Ilia, Anton made a great Elvis, but the Marilyn voice-overs didn't work for me.

This was a much better show that the one I saw live last year.

G

Grgranny

Re: Hotty Rodeo

I'll have to admit I was disappointed in Kurt's clown routine. Enough is enough. Hoping he does more in the show. Kat has bored me for a long time now.

R

rgirl181

Re the Elvis and Marilyn program: It has been "revised" since it was first telecast. The original version had the the last Elvis song, "I Can't Help (Falling in Love With You)" edited with Marilyn Monroe's "Boo boo be doop" during every pause. There are still two "Boo boo be doops," but now they end with "Houndog"That's what made it so awful before, ie, "But I can't help...Boo boo be doop!...falling in love with you...Boo boo be doop!" Four minutes of that and you want to Boo Boo Be Doop someone:lol: Someone wisely decided to edit out all but two of the "boo boo be doops." IMO, made all the difference!

And I wouldn't worry about the little kiddies. The sexual references are all in fun and if you know SOI, you know you ain't going to be getting Disney on Ice. Besides, most kiddies can see much more openly suggestive stuff everytime they turn on the TV or play a computer game--or at home when Mom and Dad get frisky, for that matter. For me, sex in the context of good fun is a positive message for kids. But that's just my opinion. Believe me, my friend's nine-year-old had his imagination stimulated to the max just by watching the Olympics pairs competition. "Yuk! He's touching her privates! Ooh, what if she gets her spit on him? Gross, she's got her head in his armpit!" Also, when he mom said that John Zimmerman was cute, her son said, "I'm going to tell Daddy you said that! I'm going to tell him you want to get naked in the hot tub with that guy!" And no, he's never been to an SOI show;)
Rgirl

A

Aloft02

Sorry, I went into a trance when you mentioned John Zimmerman and hottub in the same sentence. :p

R

rgirl181

:rollin: I'm surprised I didn't go into a trance when I typed it:|
Rgirl

B

Bleuchick

Maybe it is me but I think Kurt number is a masterpiece. How many male skaters are doing complex footworks on skateguards. None. He has taken skating to the next level...skating a whole program on skate guards whereas the rest of them are still thinking of skaterguards as things that you take off before getting on ice and put on after you finish skating. Kurt is thinking of ideas.

rgirl - what did you think of the cowboys? I am really anxious to read your 1000 words post on COWBOYS. Only you can think of a thousand things about cowboys. How about one long post on just that and another on John and David. Then you will be known as LA CUSTOM WOMAN.

By the way, could it be that that 9 year old boy knows alot more that he is saying. I mean it is one thing to say ewww look at how he is touching her and another thing to recognize mum's likes hot John.

Still, the good girl in me thinks we need to protect the little fans from all these cowboy stuff.

L

Lcp88

Hot tub. John Zimmerman. What more could you ask for? Exept maybe Brian Joubert or Alexei:D
I'm surprized Fetal didn't die while the line of them were doing the, um, "Push-ups on Ice"
ok, fine ice humping.
Anywhoo, I really enjoyed it this year. There was more skating,, less group stuff. And now if we could just get John to pull a Philippe Candelero and take his shirt off, we'd be in bussiness.
Laura

J

Joesitz

I only saw part of it. And it looked like Pairs on Ice. Not that that is bad... in fact, it was quite nice.

Coming to defence of John Z. He is a good looking guy. No doubt and Kyoko is not a bad looking chick, and they are both very professional now. I hope all goes well with that dumb drug charge.

Joe

G

Grgranny

I didn't mean it wasn't good. It was. I'm just tired of clown acts. Also, tired of Scott's ballet number.

D

dlksk8fan

I can't wait to see the show live, especially the "Cowboy" routine:smokin: As far as Kurt's comedy routine my husband said he didn't get it and I would have rather seen a little more skating and I don't mean on skate guards!

I liked the "I'm Your Man" routine by M&S. A nice departure form their I'm so in love routines. Did anyone else notice that that song was a signature piece that was done by Gary Beacon?

S

sloopie

"Did anyone else notice that that song was a signature piece that was done by Gary Beacon?"

Yes, oh yes. No one else should ever be able to skate to that song again. I miss Gary. Last I heard he was about to go to jail for tax evasion - anyone know what happened?

D

dlksk8fan

Sloopie-
I am almost sure that he has served his time. I also think that he is a new father.

On the new COI dvd (the 2nd one) there is Gary Beacon doing his routine to "I'm Your Man"

E

eltamina

Very enjoyable.

I like Kat, but the whole time I was watching her number, I thought Yuka could skate to the same music, same choreography, with better edges, spins, and jumps.