Stars On Ice | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Stars On Ice

R

rgirl181

Re: Straight, Gay, Curved?

Wow! Big kudos for you Joe for saying something positive about a show program. Ah, there is hope for you yet:lol:

But the comment, "Straights and gays get along just fine." On GS and in liberal circles, but remember Joe, you and I live in NY, which is not really part of the US. I've seen too many of my gay male friends almost beaten to death and felt the hatred of those whom I threatened just because I was friends with gay men to agree with that comment. Oh, how I wish it were true. Sadly, it is true on one level--when straights don't know the gay men they know are gay. On that level, you are absolutely right, but I would alter it thus: "Straights and gays get along just fine--as long as they don't know anything about each other's sexual orientation."
Rgirl

Mary Motor Mouth,
I haven't looked at the thread in Le Cafe yet, but everything DorisPulaski, WindSpirit, and others said about cowboys being a gay stereotype/fantasy along the lines of the Village People is exactly what I would have said--only not as well as Doris did:) --had I elaborated. So you got lucky:lol: But I am going to check out the thread in Le Cafe as soon as the movie "The Lover" is over:smokin:
Rgirl

M

mathman444

Re: Straight, Gay, Curved?

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>"Cowboys had a gay stereotype? I knew it, John Wayne's queer." -- Fetal Attraction[/quote] You mean Marion Morrison?