New Johnny Weir Interview | Page 2 | Golden Skate

New Johnny Weir Interview

Jaana - all those pics are great, and anyone of them could be used as a poster. Good work.

Brad - I hope to be at SC this season. There's a lot going on in St.Johns.

Joe

BridgetJ

Rinkside
Joesitz said:
He went on to win the juniors. In a GS interview, he said he started skating at 8 on rollers and copied the jumps of Irina from television. That's the connexion with Irina from way back. We owe our Johnny to Irina :love:

Joe

I believe I read an interview with him where he said it was Oksana Baiul at the '94 Olympics that got him interested in skating in the first place. His ability to pour himself into his skating emotionally reminds me so much of Oksana, and I'm not surprised that she inspired him. So it's interesting that he credits Irina as well. Didn't he used to say nice things about Michelle? I know he's not into her skating lately, but I thought I had read that he chose Rondo because MK had used it (or am I totally off here?) and Otonal because Maria B used it. At any rate, he seems to have pretty diverse taste!

I also have been following his skating since the '01 Nats thanks to reading posts about his flow. He has been a joy to watch mature.