Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Is Sergei Sakhnovsky incredibly handsome...

Is Sergei Sakhnovsky incredibly handsome...

...or is he just scary-looking?

http://www.miezekatze.net/cs/images/...n/20521020.jpg

I don't know much about ice dancing, but it seems like in most partnerships the lady is the one that arrests the eye, and the gentleman's job is to present his partner's skill and charm to the audience. Chait-Sahknovsky, on the other hand, is a team where I find myself watching the man more. Any others? What about Lang and Tchernychev?

In pairs, I think the goal is more of an even matching. Shen and Zhao, to me, are a good example of two skaters forming one homogeneous unit.

Opinions?

Mathman

Tripping on the Podium icedancer2's Avatar
    I like the teams where I watch the man and where the man is really good.

Peter Tchernychev is amazing to watch, but also presented his partner, NAomi, very well. Den/Stav -- I always watch him, and also Delashoes -- I watch him.

Pairs not so much. The equal partnership thing works best for them.

Sexy, smart and sterilized! childfreegirl's Avatar
    My vote is for scary!

Custom Title
    about the title of this thread Mathman.

With C&S I find myself watching both partners equally, well almost equally. Sergei does really get into the programs and sells them doesn't he? The same goes for D&S(BUL), I watch them both but Maxim is an incredible skater. I think with these two teams the male partner does stand out but not to the extent that the female becomes practically invisible.

I'd say despite the fact that Naomi has/had grown into a talented dancer I am one of those who feels that Peter was the scene stealer in the team.

The same goes for L&A. While they are one of my favorite dance teams and I always felt Irina Lobacheva was talented, Ilya like Peter commanded the attention in his team.

One of my absolute favorite L&A programs was their Latin OD. Ilya sold that dance like nobody's business.

When I was still a lurker, there was a good thread about why B&A flew up the World standings when L&T could not and one of the comments made was that the judges seem more forgiving in cases in which the partner who outshines the other is the woman. IMO L&A were the exception to that rule.

On the Ice

Sergei

Sergei has the most incredible blue eyes. He is kind, considerate and polite. and an incredible passionate ice dance. Did anyone see the latin piece from E.O.I with his hair slicked back and that black outfit.....HOT!!! IMHO I only see S.S. on the ice.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NURSEGAL
    Sergei has the most incredible blue eyes. He is kind, considerate and polite. and an incredible passionate ice dance. Did anyone see the latin piece from E.O.I with his hair slicked back and that black outfit.....HOT!!! IMHO I only see S.S. on the ice.
    I think he is very hot and I am not afraid to admit to it. I think Galit & Sergei are a striking couple on the ice. I have had a chance to meet Sergei at Skate America last year and he was very polite and graciously had a picture taken with me. In ice dance I tend to watch the guys more, but my focus on both of them.

On the Ice

Sergei

I think anyone who has ever met him has this eternal image of a wonderful person.... that is what he is.... incredible

Rooting for the Kerrs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    I don't know much about ice dancing, but it seems like in most partnerships the lady is the one that arrests the eye, and the gentleman's job is to present his partner's skill and charm to the audience.
    I think that's one of C&S's best qualities - it's not just "look at the woman" all the time like it seems to be for some other teams (like N&K, for instance). I much prefer teams that have both partners in the spotlight, rather than the man just being a backdrop (which really irritates me actually, lol). C&S seem to be quite equal in this respect. That's one of the reasons I liked B&A's Elvis FD too, because Ben had a decent part in it and it wasn't just his job to make Tanith look good or anything.

I've always watched Sergei more than Galit not because of who looks better but because he is a much better ice dancer than she is.

If You didn't know who he was off ice he looks very different. I saw him at the airport in Spokane he had his hair slicked back in a pony tail and wearing glasses. I'd say he not sacry but then not incredibly handsome either. But then it depends on what you like.

Rinkside
    i think he looks scary!! he reminds me of dracula kinda. He's probably very nice though...

Just an average girl
    He's not what you'd call a hunk. But he is a beautiful ice dancer.

Go NJ Devils
    I would say, both. There are very few skaters who don't look tiny (thin) in person. (The only two I can think of were Dmitriev and Ovsiannikov late in their careers, and even then they looked slender for civilians) So I was rather terrified of how the bone-thin (on TV) Sakhnovski would look in person. Actually, the camera doesn't impact him one way or the other, which is very unusual.

I think he's one of the top three or four men (dancers) in the world. But besides talent, he has character. Chait said that the reason she wanted him as a partner was that he was "out" as a Jew in Russia in sports, when being Jewish could affect one's career and life. I find it hard to be objective about someone's looks when I know they have a spine and a reputation for being a mensch.

Medalist

Sergei with glasses

When I've seen TV glimpses of Sergei Sakhonovsky with glasses on, I've thought he looks much better wearing them. Of course, he can't wear them on the ice.

I don't think this season's program really flattered his look. It kind of called attention to it and emphasized his scariness with his gestures and his hair flowing.

Has anybody seen him with his hair cut short? What does he look like with that kind of look?

Banned
    Ha ha ha. He had that Michael Bolton hair already! I agree he looks like a vampire but a very nice vampire.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast