Is Sergei Sakhnovsky incredibly handsome... | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Is Sergei Sakhnovsky incredibly handsome...

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
BittyBug said:
Natalia Bestemianova is a woman. Andrei Bukhin is her partner (and husband).

Isn't Igor Bobrov her husband? He is the director of the ice theater where she still skates with Bukin (scary teeth :)

I have to say that Sergei looks much better in person. The makeup and long hair make him look like a Dracula, especially when he throws tiny Galit around. Back when she was blond, it was really apparent.

Yana

Miezekatze

Rinkside
pollyls said:
Has anybody seen him with his hair cut short? What does he look like with that kind of look?

http://www.miezekatze.net/cs/programs97fd.html

Those are from quite a long time ago though.

I agree that he looks much nicer off ice with his glasses and the way he has his hair off-ice. I tend to think they must be emphasising his "wild" look for their FD's, because he really looks quite completely different off the ice.

As for watching, I watch Galit a bit more, because I really like her style of presentation, but they are definitely a team where both are very expressive and not a team where the guy "presents" the woman.

Last edited:

Kateri

On the Ice
Sergei is gorgeous! I occasionally glance at Galit during their programmes to yell "point your toes, woman!", but on the whole, my eyes are glued to Sergei.
He's an amazing dancer.

k.

2ndmark

Rinkside
Interesting question Mathman. I tend to agree with those who might place him more in the scary category rather than handsome, although he does have stunning blue eyes. But it's nice to see that so many people seem to hold him in high regard.

There are many male ice dancers who would seem to steal the spotlight somewhat from their partners-- Tcherneshev, Margaglio, Peizerat, come to mind. Currently Staviski, Kostamorov and Lauzon-- while not upstaging their partners-- sure ain't hard on the eyes!

brad640

On the Ice
Miezekatze said:
http://www.miezekatze.net/cs/programs97fd.html

I agree that he looks much nicer off ice with his glasses and the way he has his hair off-ice. I tend to think they must be emphasising his "wild" look for their FD's, because he really looks quite completely different off the ice.

Thanks for the link Miezekatze. I love your C&S website, especially these off ice photos:
http://www.miezekatze.net/cs/photosoffice.html#up
I agree that Sakhnovsky looks better off ice, but I think that goes for all ice dancers because their makeup is so garish that it detracts from their appearance. Navka and Kostamorov looked so much better in the worlds fluff piece when they were relaxing at home than they do in performances.

Sakhnovsky has the features and body type to do runway. They love that gaunt look.

BittyBug

On the Ice
STL_Blues_fan said:
Isn't Igor Bobrov her husband?
Doh! I think you're right.

On topic, I find Sakhnovsky's looks quite interesting and agree that he looks completely different with his glasses. I saw him at Worlds in DC on the street and was very surprised because he seems very quiet and almost shy off the ice, especially compared to how theatrical he is on the ice.

Jhar55

Medalist
Sorry, my mistake on the names I relised that after I logged out and this is the first time I've had a chance to get back. But he's is one scary looking man.

TwizzlerS

Rinkside
Dee4707 said:
Whenever I think of Sergei and Galit, this picture is just seared into my brain.

Sergei & Galit

Dee

Now, that's scary! Anyone who doesn't believe kids can be scared of clowns needs to look at this picture.

Seriously, Sergei is a terrific ice dancer, one of the best in the world. I love to watch him, not what's-her-name.

Linny

Final Flight
Technically correct, but not pleasing

Sergei does indeed, to my untrained eye, appear to be a very proficient ice dancer. However, again to my untrained eye, it appears that he really chucks his partner around. My personal preference is for smooth lifts and dismounts, balletic movements, control. Seeing a lady jerked around like a rag doll just isn't my taste.

Linny