Mary Kay and Villi - The Big Wedding | Golden Skate

Mary Kay and Villi - The Big Wedding

How does that grab you? The religious right seem ok with the pedaphile marrying her lured student.

This wedding is getting so much hype and all good publicity. Wonder what her first husband thinks and their children?

Joe

I don't know about all this....they say love is love, you can't help who you fall in love with...... but there is something really kinda sick about this whole situation.

brad640

On the Ice
RealtorGal said:
"Letourneau's teenage daughter, Mary Claire, from her earlier marriage, was maid of honor. The couple's two daughters, Audrey, 8, and Alexis Georgia, 7, were flower girls."
Who says blended families are difficult?

merrywidow

Record Breaker
Personally, I think Mary Kay & Michael Jackson would be a much better match. They both refuse to behave like adults.

Aloft04

On the Ice
I'm not so sure it's any of my business now that they're both adults (at least chronologically), so I'll wish them well.

guinevere

Final Flight
Joesitz said:
This wedding is getting so much hype and all good publicity.
Here in Seattle, it's definitely NOT all good publicity.

Mary Kay LeTourneau is delusional. She still doesn't see that there was ever anything wrong with her sleeping with a 12-year-old student. I don't care if they get married, since Villi is an adult, but I feel sorry for ALL of Mary Kay's children.

heyang

Record Breaker
DId you every think what the reaction would have been if it had been a man who had sex with a girl at age 12 and then married her after getting out of jail? I think the uproar about the initial 'crime' would have been a lot louder, especially if the girl had children before puberty completed.

There is a sense of disgust, but I don't think there's real outrage in this case.

As for the marriage, no one would think anything of it if they had just met as adults.

Jill

On the Ice
Am I the only one who thinks she looks a little crazy? Kinda on a par with Jennifer the runaway bride.

I don't know if any of you heard this, but I heard somewhere that Mary Kay was molested as a child. I'm wondering if that might have something to do with her actions. It's true that most molesters were themselves molested as children.
She seems like she's in arrested developement.

Also, has anyone noticed that she always seems to answer for Villi, like a teacher or elder would do.

I agree with most of you in that I truly feel sorry for her kids. Especially from her previous marriage.

sk8m8

Final Flight
Unfortunately I can't seem to must much interest in this story. When it shows up on Entertainment Tonight as a week-long featured spot, I know it's not "real news". This story is just more diversion from real news that is happening that we don't ever hear about.

Mary Kay and Milli seem to be in their own world, anyway. That's one world I wouldn't even begin to want to intrude upon. :scratch:

JOHIO2

Medalist
Jill, Mary Kay has also claimed to "suffer" from bipolar disorder. As a mental health consumer and occasional activist, I find that claim a ridiculous excuse. And taking medication for that apparently had no effect on her delusion. She definitely seems to have some sort of personality disorder.

And she says she'd like to teach again. God, I hope she never gets a license to teach again. And she should never be trusted with any young people. What a ridiculous role model she is!

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Some people have no shame. They should at least elope, or quietly get married somewhere out of the limelight. Of course, that is probably part of the big thrill for her. Imagine having a huge wedding her second time around and after the horrible thing she did? What nerve.

Skatehappy

Rinkside
Mary Kay and her now-husband are clueless. I don't know anyone who's voiced approval of this marriage, other than the wedding attendees and the media who keep hyping this couple. Mary Kay is a sex offender who seduced, manipulated and brainwashed her victim. This is not anything to celebrate; I hope that this sad couple fade into obscurity.

MannyisHOT

Rinkside
merrywidow said:
Personally, I think Mary Kay & Michael Jackson would be a much better match. They both refuse to behave like adults.

LOL! totally... I agree... I would say they could live in Neverland together but michael Jackson sold it... lol...