Elvis Stojko is Still the King! | Golden Skate

Elvis Stojko is Still the King!

ElvisStojkofan

Rinkside
Elvis is going to the World Karate Championships
that will take place on November in Niagara falls, Ontario :clap:
This past weekend Elvis became the Canadian Kung Fu Champion
in Soft Style hand forms.

He will compete in two disciplines at the world championships.
One discipline is soft style and the second discipline is weapons

News article

Elvis King of Karate

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check out my Fansite :rock:

Elvis Stojko: Heart of Gold

Subscribe to my Newsletter
Newsletter

chania36

On the Ice
Hi guys, you might be a little bit jalous but I live in Canada and in the City of Gatineau, where the competition was held, I went to see Elvis over the week end, boy he was good. This was a great competition, he is really a CHAMPION... :clap:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Elvis is the most disciplined and mentally strong athlete, I have ever seen compete. When Elvis steps on the ice there is no doubt in his mind. One can see his focus. I imagine he is the same in other sports. Way to go Elvis!!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Germanice

On the Ice
Looks like Stojko finally found his "real" vocation now. He better should've done that material art stuff, and ONLY! :biggrin: that, right from the begin. :cool:
However, good luck to him! :)

Anke

Ladskater

Record Breaker
Germanice said:
Looks like Stojko finally found his "real" vocation now. He better should've done that material art stuff, and ONLY! :biggrin: that, right from the begin. :cool:
However, good luck to him! :)

Anke

What does this mean?

Ladskater

Record Breaker
Germanice said:
Well, English is not my native language, but is it really THAT?! horrible??? :eek:

Anke

Sounds like a put-down to me. Elvis was the original "Quad King." He made the quad a standard jump. Guys like Timothy Gable can thank Elvis for taking the quad to the next level, after Kurt Browning landed the first official one.

Maybe Elvis is not your cup-of-tea and you don't like his style, but he is a great athlete and skater. He never claimed to be artistic. He is the pure athletic skater. Jumping is his strong suit. Please give Elvis some respect. He did leave a legacy for other male skaters to follow.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
In figure skating Elvis was mentally a very strong competitor and technically really consistent in his jumps. Another matter is how those jumps and landings looked. From Nagano Olympics I remember very well how Elvis and Ilia both looked so totally focused all the time they were there. The relaxation came only after the competition was over.